Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Indian Forest Service Exam
Preliminary and Main Exam
Last Date to Apply Online
|17th March 2017|
Date of Commencement of Exams
|18th June 2017|
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who arrive over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the purpose of undyingly settling in India or
- An Individual of Indian origin (PIO) who has roamed from Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Vietnam with the intent of eternally settling in India.
- Provided that an applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be an individual in whose favour a official document of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Applying candidates should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 32 years as on 1st August 2016.
- Age Relaxations up to a maximum of five year will be provided to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- Age Relaxations up to a maximum of three years will be given to candidates who are belonging to Other Backward Classes.
- The candidates need to pay a fee of Rs.100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- SC/ST/ Female/Physically Handicapped candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Paper III, IV, V & VI
Each paper will be sub divided in two parts that is part-A & part –B. Each section of exam enclose with 8 questions in which 5 questions are attempted mandatory.
200 marks for each paper
IFS Preparation Material
List of optional subjects:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applicants need to firstly visit official website of organization that is www.upsc.gov.in
- Then go to under “What’s New” Section and select “Notification - Indian Forest Service Examination, 2016” link.
- Now read the instructions and information carefully.
- Then on home page you need to select “UPSC Online Application” link.
- Now a new page will be open then you need to hit “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
- Then under the Part –I Registration you need to hit “Press Here” tab.
- Now fill application form with providing complete information about your name, qualification, experience, caste etc.
- Upload the passport size photograph and need to upload their signature on the provided space in application form.
- After completion of Part-I registration you need to go under Part-II Registration link and fill all information.
- After completion of application form press “Submit” tab.
- At last take a print out of duly filled IFS Online Registration for future use.
- Navi Mumbai
- Panaji (Goa)
- Kozhikode (Calicut)
- Warangal City
- Last Date to Apply Online: 17th March 2017
- Date of Commencement of Exams: 18th June 2017