IFS Notification 2016: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared IFS Notification for inviting applicants from capable candidates for Indian Forest Service Examination, 2016. Aspirants who want to grow their career in Government Sector and fulfill the Eligibility conditions may apply for IFS Application Form.
UPSC is going to conduct a Screening test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, which is held on the specified date which is mentioned in this page. Eligible and skilled candidates can apply for Indian Forest Service Exam through filling IFS online Registration form on or before last date. Candidates can get complete information about IFS Notification like exam date, examination centres etc through this page which is well prepared by dedicated team of www.privatejobshub.in
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Indian Forest Service Exam
Preliminary and Main Exam
Last Date to Apply Online
27th May 2016
Date of Commencement of Exams
7th August 2016
Applicants, who are willing to apply for Union Public Service Commission examination should be either:-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who arrive over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the purpose of undyingly settling in India or
- An Individual of Indian origin (PIO) who has roamed from Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Vietnam with the intent of eternally settling in India.
- Provided that an applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be an individual in whose favour a official document of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IFS Eligibility Criteria: Read Here
Applying candidates must have a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities / Institutions.
Graduate jobs for candidates: Get Details
- Applying candidates should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 32 years as on 1st August 2016.
- Age Relaxations up to a maximum of five year will be provided to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- Age Relaxations up to a maximum of three years will be given to candidates who are belonging to Other Backward Classes.
- The candidates need to pay a fee of Rs.100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- SC/ST/ Female/Physically Handicapped candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Mode of Selection for IFS Notification:
Selection of aspirants will be based on their performance in Preliminary written examination. Selected aspirants will call for mains examination which is conducted by selection committee of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
IFS Exam Pattern:
In IFS exam there will be two stages mainly.
In IFS examination, there are two types of mandatory papers. Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each. Both the question papers will be of the objective type.
In Mains examination consist following papers.
Paper III, IV, V & VI
Each paper will be sub divided in two parts that is part-A & part –B. Each section of exam enclose with 8 questions in which 5 questions are attempted mandatory.
200 marks for each paper
Indian Forest Service Syllabus: Read More
List of optional subjects:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
IFS Previous Papers: Check Here
How to Apply for IFS online Application Form?
- Applicants need to firstly visit official website of organization that is www.upsc.gov.in
- Then go to under “What’s New” Section and select “Notification - Indian Forest Service Examination, 2016” link.
- Now read the instructions and information carefully.
- Then on home page you need to select “UPSC Online Application” link.
- Now a new page will be open then you need to hit “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
- Then under the Part –I Registration you need to hit “Press Here” tab.
- Now fill application form with providing complete information about your name, qualification, experience, caste etc.
- Upload the passport size photograph and need to upload their signature on the provided space in application form.
- After completion of Part-I registration you need to go under Part-II Registration link and fill all information.
- After completion of application form press “Submit” tab.
- At last take a print out of duly filled application form for future use.
IFS Study Material: Check Here
IFS Exam Dates
Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Exam 2016
Last Date for online Applications
27th May 2016
Date Of Commencement Of Exam
07th August 2016
Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam 2016
Date Of Commencement Of Exam
Also Know about:
Preliminary Examination Centres:
These all are the examination centres from which you can select one examination centre as per your choice while filling application form.
- Navi Mumbai
- Panaji (Goa)
- Kozhikode (Calicut)
- Warangal City
Note: Candidates who are interested for IFS Notification 2016 may get rest of the details by go through this official notification.
Download PDF: IFS Notification Details
Have a look on Below Links