TNPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
- TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
- Simple Steps to Crack TNPSC Group 4 Exam
- TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Books
No. of questions
Total Time duration
General English/ General Tamil
- Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate-
- Water resources --- rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography – population-density and distribution- Natural calamities – Disaster Management
- Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence
- Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes
- Constitution of India--Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India
- Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIII Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG - Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others
- Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation and presentation of data
- Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data - Simplification-Percentage-
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest-
- Area-Volume-Time and Work-Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….)
- Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentense)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
- Figures of speech observed in the Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems
- Questions on the Biography of Mahatma Gandhi - Jawaharlal Nehru - Subash Chandra Bose - Helen Keller Kalpana Chawala - Dr.Salim Ali - Rani of Jhansi - Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
- Questions on Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) - Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) - Sonnet 116
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s The Model Millionaire - The Selfish Giant etc
- Dr.Karl Paulnack Music-The Hope Raiser
- Comprehension Questions from the Motivational Essays
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ - Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai - Brihadeesvarar Temple
- British English – American English
- Match the Poems with the Poets
- Which Nationality the story belongs to?
- Identify the Author with the short story
- Whose Auto biography / Biography are this?
- Which Nationality the Poet belongs to?
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with suitable option
- Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title
- About the Poets
- About the Dramatists
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur
- Various works of the following Authors
- What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
- Famous Quotes – Who said this?
- To Which period the Poets belong
- Matching the Poets and Poems
- Nature centered literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation
- Applicants who are willing to apply for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam they must know the complete selection criteria. Applying candidates should fulfill the eligibility Criteria, that is, they must have passed S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent with eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of studies.
- Secondly, candidates who satisfy the educational qualification needs only they can apply for this examination. Selection Procedure of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Group 4 examination will be based on Written Examination and interview.
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 4 examination has been conducted by TNPSC which includes only a single paper.
- The question paper of exam will cover three prospects such as General Tamil / General English (S.S.L.C. Standard), General Knowledge (S.S.L.C Standard) and Aptitude Test.
- Questions in exam will be of objective type, that is, multiple choice questions. There are about 200 questions that carry (150+150) 300 marks. Aspirants have to answers these questions in a time period of three hours.
- Minimum qualifying marks that a contender need to score for selection is 90 marks.
- Science - 6, 7, 8, 9, 10th std.
- Physics - 11, 12th std.
- Chemistry - 11, 12th std.
- Biology - 11, 12th std.
- Social Science - 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 std.
- History & INM - 11, 12th std.
- Geography - 11, 12th std.
- Political Science - 11, 12th std.
- Maths - 7, 8, 9, 10
- Logic - 12th std. (Old)
- Psychology - 12th std (Old)
- Political Science - 11, 12th std.
- Indian Culture - 12th std. (Old)
- Ethics - 11th std.
- GK Times (Tamil Monthly Magazine)
- Dinamani (Tamil Daily Newspaper)
- Junior Assistant
- Bill Collector
- Field Surveyor
- Steno-Typist and many others