Inspire Scholarship 2016: Department of Science & Technology has released a notification about Inspire Scholarship. Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research, a Scheme of Government of India, offers standing opportunity for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at level same as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates. Students who fulfill all eligibility criteria can fill online application form on or before the last date which is given below.
Inspire is also known as Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research is being implemented by Department of Science & Technology to strengthen National Science and Technology base. One Component of AORC Scheme in INSPIRE is focused on attraction of student to pursue doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either masters’ degree in Science/ Applied Science/ Engineering or bachelor/ masters’ degree in Medicine.
Here on this page, we are shortly providing details regarding Inspire Scholarship. So, candidates for getting information regarding same, you need to stay connected with us through this page
Inspire Scholarship 2016
- Candidates should possess M.Sc. or Integrated M.S / M.Sc Degree having secured minimum 65% marks in aggregate from well recognized University.
- 1st Rank Holder in each Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions in India.
- Similarly, 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate Level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply.
Amount, Number & Duration Of Fellowship:
It provides monetary support in form of a Fellowship equivalent to NET/ GATE fellowship and research grant to the candidate. There is a provision of 1000 Final offers of INSPIRE Fellowships to be given every year to eligible students on first-cum-first basis and each Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years, subject to the completion of their PhD degree whichever is earlier.
The Final selection for INSPIRE Fellowship shall be on basis of academic merit of the candidate, confirmed PhD admission, Supervisor, Host Institution and the detailed Research Proposal after evaluation by Expert committee.
How to apply for Inspire Scholarship?
- Candidates can apply online by visiting official site of organization that is www.online-inspire.gov.in
- On home page of official site go to “Announcement” section and hit the appropriate link related to form.
- Now fill the form carefully and correctly with all relevant information.
- Upload your scanned documents and Passport size photograph along with application.
- Now check form at once and press “Submit” button.
- At last, take print out of application form for future use.
Last Date Of Apply Online: 10th September 2015
Check Official Notification, for acquiring latest information. You can obtain latest updates regarding Inspire Scholarship 2016 through our website so, stay connected with us.