UGC Emeritus Fellowship
- Target Group of scheme
- Required Eligibility Criteria for this Fellowship
- Objectives of organization
- Number of Scholarship
- Nature of Scheme
- Procedure of Applying
- Important Date
- Procedure for selection
UGC Emeritus Fellowship
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act, 1956.
- Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 which are eligible to receive grant in aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/ State Govt.
- Institutes of National Importance.
Honorarium of Rs. 20,000/- p.m. from UGC. for two years (non extendable)
Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- per annum towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
- Humanity, Language and Social Science: 100
- Science streams: 100
- Awardees will also get Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- p.a.
- Towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments.
- However 3 books and journals and equipments etc. procured out of the contingency grant will be the property of the University/College/Institute.
Crack the Scholarship Exam
- University Grants Commission gives UGC Emeritus Fellowship on the basis of recommendation of the Expert Committee constituted by the Commission.
- The applicant to whom the award is granted must not hold any other post or be gainfully employed anywhere at the time of joining.
- Awardees have to join the award within one month from the issue of the award letter.
- Selected individuals may also take the Major Research Project are entitled to receive honorarium from one scheme only.
- No extension under the scheme is admissible and hence the proposal should be well defined with a time bound action plan.
- Women/SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy-layer)/ physically / Handicapped and Minorities category aspirants are given due care and put on first choice.
- Candidates will be selected for fellowship on the basis of merit list and as per the procedure of the commission.
- Candidates, who will be shortlisted, called for Interview conducted by an expert committee formed by UGC.
- The applications received will be inspected, and short listed by the Commission on the basis of criteria designed by the University Grants Commission.
- Applications from contenders are proposes to receive by the means of online process. For this, aspirants required to visit the web portal of organization that is www.ugc.ac.in.
- After that, press on “e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships” link which is visible at left side of homepage.
- On hitting the above given link, a new page will display showing various links. Now, candidates need to hit on “Emeritus Fellowship” link.
- Again, a new window will open up on your computer system.
- Then, candidates have to hit on “Apply Now” tab which is located at top most section of that page.
- Fill the application form with asked info in proper manner without any kind of mistake.
- Check the filled form once again.
- At last, press on “Submit” button for final submission of filled form.
- Finally, take printout of filled form and send it to the postal address as given below.
- The organization reserves the right to cancel award any time, as on following circumstances:
- Misconduct, including research piracy.
- Unsatisfactory work by awardees.
- Organization cancels the award, if applicant doesn’t fulfill eligibility criteria.
Have A Look On Given Below Links: