UGC Emeritus Fellowship
UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2017: Online applications are invited from skilled candidates by University Grants Commission for award of UGC Emeritus Fellowship. It is great opportunity for superannuated teachers of all recognized universities and colleges provided by University Grants Commission that are permitted under UGC Act, to follow active research in their particular field of specialization. Near about 200 Slots are available under the Scheme, in which 100 are for Science streams and 100 for Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages.
Overview Of This Page:
- Target Group of scheme
- Required Eligibility Criteria for this Fellowship
- Objectives of organization
- Number of Scholarship
- Nature of Scheme
- Procedure of Applying
- Important Date
- Procedure for selection
Aspirants who are going to apply are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. Individuals that are concerned with this event can acquire each and every detail about UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2017 from the below tuned page which is well modified by the team members of privatejobshub.in for your comfort and convenience.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship
Exceedingly competent and knowledgeable, superannuated or likely to be superannuated within the period of 6 months, teachers of recognized universities/colleges/institutions.
Eligibility Required for UGC Emeritus Fellowship:
Eligibility will be based on the value of research and published work that was contributed by the teacher in his/her service vocation.
The applicant must possess Ph.D. Degree. The candidate’s research work must be published in reputed journals and contribution to research at national or international level with industries, national organizations, and Universities.
Know about: Importance Of Scholarship
The awardee (superannuated) will assigned to work under this scheme with a well defined time bound action plan up to the age of 70 years or up to two years (non-extendable) of the award whichever is earlier.
Candidate must be engaged in permanent regular service as lecturers, senior lecturers and selection grade lecturers, readers and professors in any recognized Institution.
Objectives of providing this fellowship:
The objective of this award is to provide an opportunity to carry out the advanced studies and research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutions as indicated below:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act, 1956.
- Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 which are eligible to receive grant in aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/ State Govt.
- Institutes of National Importance.
Know Here: How To Get A College Scholarship
Rate of Fellowship:
Rate of fellowship changes from time to time and currently, these rates are followed.
Honorarium of Rs. 20,000/- p.m. from UGC. for two years (non extendable)
Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- per annum towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
Total Number of Slots:
There are total 200 Slots Available under the Scheme.
Distribution of Slots:
- Humanity, Language and Social Science: 100
- Science streams: 100
Candidates will get Honorarium of Rs.31, 000/- p.m. from UGC for two years (non-extendable).
- Awardees will also get Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- p.a.
- Towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments.
- However 3 books and journals and equipments etc. procured out of the contingency grant will be the property of the University/College/Institute.
Crack the Scholarship Exam
For Foreign Visit:
Foreign visit in connection with the approved research work of the awardees will be limited to once in a year with the prior approval/no-objection of the Institution/University where the project work is being undertaken along with that of UGC.
Procedure for Approval by the UGC:
- University Grants Commission gives UGC Emeritus Fellowship on the basis of recommendation of the Expert Committee constituted by the Commission.
- The applicant to whom the award is granted must not hold any other post or be gainfully employed anywhere at the time of joining.
- Awardees have to join the award within one month from the issue of the award letter.
- Selected individuals may also take the Major Research Project are entitled to receive honorarium from one scheme only.
- No extension under the scheme is admissible and hence the proposal should be well defined with a time bound action plan.
- Women/SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy-layer)/ physically / Handicapped and Minorities category aspirants are given due care and put on first choice.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Selection Process:
- Candidates will be selected for fellowship on the basis of merit list and as per the procedure of the commission.
- Candidates, who will be shortlisted, called for Interview conducted by an expert committee formed by UGC.
- The applications received will be inspected, and short listed by the Commission on the basis of criteria designed by the University Grants Commission.
From Here: Get More Scholarships in India
Procedure of Applying for UGC Emeritus Fellowship:
- Applications from contenders are proposes to receive by the means of online process. For this, aspirants required to visit the web portal of organization that is www.ugc.ac.in.
- After that, press on “e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships” link which is visible at left side of homepage.
- On hitting the above given link, a new page will display showing various links. Now, candidates need to hit on “Emeritus Fellowship” link.
- Again, a new window will open up on your computer system.
- Then, candidates have to hit on “Apply Now” tab which is located at top most section of that page.
- Fill the application form with asked info in proper manner without any kind of mistake.
- Check the filled form once again.
- At last, press on “Submit” button for final submission of filled form.
- Finally, take printout of filled form and send it to the postal address as given below.
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
Last Date for submission of Application Form: 30.06.2017
Cancellation of Award:
- The organization reserves the right to cancel award any time, as on following circumstances:
- Misconduct, including research piracy.
- Unsatisfactory work by awardees.
- Organization cancels the award, if applicant doesn’t fulfill eligibility criteria.
Note: For gaining further information about UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2017 you may visit the Official Link. Interested contenders can bookmark this page using ctrl + d key.
Have A Look On Given Below Links: