Those candidates who are going to appear in Entrance Exam for the purpose of taking admission to various Management Programmes, they may get CAT Syllabus 2016 from this page. Here on this page we are providing new syllabus, exam pattern for Common Admission Test or you may also download free CAT Syllabus in PDF form from official site through online process.
CAT is commonly known as Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institutes of Management as entrance exam for the purpose of taking admission to different Management Courses. Depend on exam marks, contenders are called for next phase of hiring, refusal procedure which includes Group Discussion, Essay and Personal Interview.
There are four sections which include in Common Admission Test syllabus are as follows:
- English/Verbal Ability
- Maths/Quant Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
It includes Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
Types of Questions:
Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms), English Usage or Grammar, Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Passage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, Jumbled Paragraph, Meaning-Usage Match, Summary Questions, Verbal Reasoning, Facts / Inferences / Judgements, Reading Comprehension.
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Progressions (Sequences & Series)
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Data which is specified in form of graphs tables & charts.
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Matching
- Logical Connectives
- Blood Relations
CAT Exam Pattern 2016
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude: Arun Sharma
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude: Nishit Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum: Sarvesh Verma
- The Pearson Complete Guide: Nishit K. Sinha
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning (English) 2nd Edition: R. S. Agarawal
- Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency PB (English): Ashisha A
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Common Admission Test for Admission into IIMs (English) 7th Edition (Paperback): Sarvesh K. Verma
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning & Other Management Entrance Tests (English): Bhardwaj P
Candidates can join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get daily updates on your timeline. You may also subscribe our free mail section to get latest information about CAT Syllabus 2016 in your inbox.
For further details, candidates must keep visiting this page.
Have a Look On Below Links