Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child
Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2016: In order to attain and encourage girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels. UGC invites online application form by those candidates (single girl child in family) who has taken admission in PG course. Eligible candidates can take the benefit of Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2015 by submitting online application form on or before the closing date.
The scheme is relevant to a Single Girl Child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Master's Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG 1st year student only. Candidates can obtain all the required details about Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child like eligibility criteria, how to apply etc. from this page which is well furnished by the unit of privatejobshub.in.
What is Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
As we know The Govt. of India declared elementary education as a basic human right of every child, regarding this Union Government of India has taken many steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls. In order to meet them this scholarship is provided.
- The objectives of proposed scheme are:
- To support post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
- Any single girl child who happens to be an only child or twin daughter or fraternal daughter in the family, if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only.
- Admission to PG Course in distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Amount of Fellowship:
The financial assistance available under the scheme is Rs.3100/-per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
How To Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child ?
Applying process will be done in two steps:
- Firstly, candidates need to go official website www.ugc.ac.in to fill online form.
- Then follow link as ‘e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships’ and press on ‘Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child’.
- Read all details carefully and hit on ‘Apply online’ link.
- Now press tick on ‘Yes. I have read above mentioned instruction carefully.’ and proceed for registration.
- In Step -1 Fill-in Personal Information including personal & contact detail Upload Affidavit, photo and signature.
- A candidate's registration id is generated on completion of step 1 that can be used for generating a PDF file once submission process is completed.
- In Step-2 Fill-in Qualification Information & Declaration including PG course details.
- After completion of form submit it successfully.
Documents To Be Submitted:
- Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- A certificate from the College/University where student have taken admission to first year PG Course in the current academic year.
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply online: 30th September 2015
Note: For more details, you can check Official Link. We are also bringing details about Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2016, so keep visiting us regularly.