Scholarship For Higher Education In India
- Scholarship In India For Higher Education
- Scholarship Benefits
- Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarship Awards
Scholarship For Higher Education In India
- Scholarships are awarded to students based on their talents in both academic and non-academic fields.
- The first step requires the applicant to do a research on what are the types of scholarships available and where accurately you can get a scholarship. This can be done through websites and other source. For e.g. School/College's scholarship section
- Contenders should make sure that entire information about his background is given without hiding any facts. He/she should also attach the related documents as a proof.
- Scholarships are actually a boon for the students and it is desirable for the applicants to apply as soon as possible. It is also advised for the students to apply for scholarships at all available sources and not just stick to one particular scholarship programme.
- Do prepare yourself well before getting into any course about the scholarship available.
- Try participating in extracurricular activities as it adds chances for getting a scholarship.
- Prepare all necessary required documents like income certificate, address proof and others before applying.
- Try to figure out on what exactly you will get with the scholarship as some pay all expenditure while some only boarding and other charges.
- Keep updated yourself about all the scholarships that are available for you to apply.
- Do not depend only on your merit or scholarship test score as many other factors such as presentation of your application format, cultural and sports activities and various other skills also do matter.
- Eligibility Criteria: Indian students with at least 40% disabilities certified as per definition under Persons with Disabilities Act 1995.
- Awards and value: Five hundred awards that range from Rs. 400 to 1,000 per month to be given annually through institutions, depending on the study undertaken. Also course fee is reimbursed to a maximum of Rs. 10,000. Facility for accommodation is also offered, subject to conditions.
- Eligibility Criteria: Meritorious students from low income families, securing a minimum of 80% of marks in 10+2 pattern or equivalent and not belonging to the creamy layer as defined by the Dept. of Personnel and Training applicable to all categories of students both "general" and "reserved"parental income-ceiling is Rs. 4.5 lakhs per annum.
- Awards and value: 82,000 scholarships annually (41,000 for boys and girls each) is awarded for graduate/postgraduate studies in colleges/universities for professional courses (Medical, Engineering etc) Rs. 1,000 p.m. at graduation level for first three years Rs. 2000 per month at Postgraduation level and those pursuing professional courses would get Rs.2,000 p.m in 4th and 5th year.
- Eligibility Criteria: Annual income ceiling of Rs. 1,00,000 for students belonging to Schedule Castes who are willing to pursue post-secondary courses in recognised institutions.
- Awards and value: Full maintenance allowance and full fee for all courses annual study tour charges of Rs. 1,000 thesis typing/printing charges of Rs. 1,000 etc.
- Eligibility Criteria: Bright students selected on & quotmerit-cum-means & quotbasis pursuing full-time courses in different streams in recognised institutions age should be between 15 and 30 years.
- Awards and value: Awards 450 Scholarships for meritorious students of 10+ / ITI, Engineering, MBBS and MBA all over India and zone wise Rs. 2,000 per month for 4 years in case of Engineering & MBBS 2 years for MBA courses and Rs 1,000 per month for 2 years in case of 10+ and ITI courses.
- Eligibility Criteria: All students of Indian nationality studying in Class VIII in any type of recognised school selected through a two-stage process: the individual State/UT and the NCERT.
- Awards and value: Normally 1,000 scholarships are awarded Rs. 500/- per month for all the students studying in Class IX onwards (irrespective of the class/course) except for Ph.D., wherein it is paid as per UGC norms.
Have a look on below given links