Scholarship For Higher Education In India
Scholarship For Higher Education In India 2017: Dear aspirants, this page is made to provide you details about Scholarship For Higher Education In India which is provided by private, foreign and government organizations.
Those candidates who are capable but economically weak to pursue their higher studies they can apply for this Scholarship to complete their stduies. Girls & Boys both may apply for Scholarship Scheme by submitting their Application form.
This Page Includes:
- Scholarship In India For Higher Education
- Scholarship Benefits
- Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarship Awards
In order to get the benefit of this scheme, candidates are required to appear for an examination. And candidates who will qualify this test/exam will be selected and offered with the financial assistance. On this page, team privatejobshub.in has well asserted entire information about Scholarship For Higher Education In India please go through the entire page.
Scholarship For Higher Education In India
Scholarships are available in higher studies at different levels like Scholarship Exams for Class 8, Class 10th & Class 12th, post graduate levels, doctorate levels and for various other career options as well. Scholarships have certain criteria of eligibility and some have certain types of exams fulfilling which, one can avail the scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded to students based on their talents in both academic and non-academic fields.
- The first step requires the applicant to do a research on what are the types of scholarships available and where accurately you can get a scholarship. This can be done through websites and other source. For e.g. School/College's scholarship section
- Contenders should make sure that entire information about his background is given without hiding any facts. He/she should also attach the related documents as a proof.
- Scholarships are actually a boon for the students and it is desirable for the applicants to apply as soon as possible. It is also advised for the students to apply for scholarships at all available sources and not just stick to one particular scholarship programme.
Check Out Here: Importance Of Scholarship
Steps To Get Indian Scholarships
- Do prepare yourself well before getting into any course about the scholarship available.
- Try participating in extracurricular activities as it adds chances for getting a scholarship.
- Prepare all necessary required documents like income certificate, address proof and others before applying.
- Try to figure out on what exactly you will get with the scholarship as some pay all expenditure while some only boarding and other charges.
- Keep updated yourself about all the scholarships that are available for you to apply.
- Do not depend only on your merit or scholarship test score as many other factors such as presentation of your application format, cultural and sports activities and various other skills also do matter.
Prepare From Here: Scholarship Interview Questions And Answers
Major Scholarships Offered By the Government of India
1. National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities (2008-09):
- Eligibility Criteria: Indian students with at least 40% disabilities certified as per definition under Persons with Disabilities Act 1995.
- Awards and value: Five hundred awards that range from Rs. 400 to 1,000 per month to be given annually through institutions, depending on the study undertaken. Also course fee is reimbursed to a maximum of Rs. 10,000. Facility for accommodation is also offered, subject to conditions.
2. National Merit-cum- Means Scholarship Scheme:
- Eligibility Criteria: Meritorious students from low income families, securing a minimum of 80% of marks in 10+2 pattern or equivalent and not belonging to the creamy layer as defined by the Dept. of Personnel and Training applicable to all categories of students both "general" and "reserved"parental income-ceiling is Rs. 4.5 lakhs per annum.
- Awards and value: 82,000 scholarships annually (41,000 for boys and girls each) is awarded for graduate/postgraduate studies in colleges/universities for professional courses (Medical, Engineering etc) Rs. 1,000 p.m. at graduation level for first three years Rs. 2000 per month at Postgraduation level and those pursuing professional courses would get Rs.2,000 p.m in 4th and 5th year.
3. Post-matric scholarship for students belonging to Scheduled Castes for studies in India:
- Eligibility Criteria: Annual income ceiling of Rs. 1,00,000 for students belonging to Schedule Castes who are willing to pursue post-secondary courses in recognised institutions.
- Awards and value: Full maintenance allowance and full fee for all courses annual study tour charges of Rs. 1,000 thesis typing/printing charges of Rs. 1,000 etc.
4. Indian Oil Academic Scholarships:
- Eligibility Criteria: Bright students selected on & quotmerit-cum-means & quotbasis pursuing full-time courses in different streams in recognised institutions age should be between 15 and 30 years.
- Awards and value: Awards 450 Scholarships for meritorious students of 10+ / ITI, Engineering, MBBS and MBA all over India and zone wise Rs. 2,000 per month for 4 years in case of Engineering & MBBS 2 years for MBA courses and Rs 1,000 per month for 2 years in case of 10+ and ITI courses.
5. National Talent Search Scheme by NCERT:
- Eligibility Criteria: All students of Indian nationality studying in Class VIII in any type of recognised school selected through a two-stage process: the individual State/UT and the NCERT.
- Awards and value: Normally 1,000 scholarships are awarded Rs. 500/- per month for all the students studying in Class IX onwards (irrespective of the class/course) except for Ph.D., wherein it is paid as per UGC norms.
Get all scholarships on a single page, Hit Here: Scholarship in India
So dear aspirants, above provided information about Scholarship For Higher Education In India 2017 are beneficial for you to get appropriate fellowship schemes as per your need. Stay connected with us on our web portal to acquire latest updates regarding the same. You can also join us on Facebook or Google plus to grab latest details on your timeline wall directly.
Have a look on below given links