Scholarship for Minority StudentsScholarship for Minority Students 2016: Candidates who does not have sufficient amount for further studies can apply for Scholarship for Minority Students. The government of India every year distributes approx 2000 scholarships for minority students throughout the country based on population of these communities state wise.
Scholarship for Minority Students
- Empowerment of minorities
Names of Schemes:
- Interest subsidy on Educational Loan for Overseas Studies
- Free Bicycle for class IX girl students.
- Scheme for clearing Prelims exams Conducted by UPSC/SSC, State Public Service Commission (PSC) etc
- Students getting admission in a recognized college / university
- A student getting this scholarship cannot avail any other government scholarship.
- Annual income of father/guardian should not exceed 2.50 lakhs.
- Student of a particular state will get scholarship for his place of residence and not for his place or the state where he is studying.
For more details on State wise distribution, eligibility, conditions for scholar ships, rate of scholarship, payment, other conditions for the award, procedure for applying, funding, courses offered and how to apply please refer following links:
Further, information regarding renewal, no. of states participating in scheme, community wise achievement of minorities, merit cum based scholarships, and other special schemes for minority women can be referred from below mentioned links.
Have a look on below links