CPF Exam Syllabus 2014:
Union Public Service Commission, UPSC is the body responsible for conducting CPF(Central Police Force) Assistant Commandant’s Exam every year. CPF Exam Paper Pattern consists of written test, physical tests and interview.
In this section, we will provide complete details on CPF Exam Syllabus 2014 which help the students for preparation of exam. Candidates can also take the help of Online Study Material to crack UPSC CPF Exam 2014.
From below you can check UPSC CPF Exam Syllabus along with its paper pattern.
General Ability and Intelligence
Essay, Precis Writing and Comprehension
UPSC CPF Written Examination Syllabus:
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
1. General Mental Ability:
This type of section is always asked in almost all the competitive examination to test the knowledge of candidates. It includes the topics:
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
2. General Science:
- General Awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Appreciation of Scientific Phenomena of Everyday Observation Including New Areas Of Importance Likes Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science
3. Current Events of National and International Importance:
The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of:
- Societal And Developmental Issues
4. Indian Polity and Economy:
The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political System and other topics like:
- Constitution of India
- Social Systems and Public Administration
- Economic Development in India
- Regional and International Security Issues
- Human Rights Including Its Indicators
5. History of India:
The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography:
The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of Geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either In Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks.
The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, Knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120)
The topics are Comprehension Passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
- UPSC CPF Online Application Form- More Details
- UPSC Central Police Force (AC) Exam Syllabus
- UPSC CPF Admit Card- More Details