Current Affairs January 2015
Welcome to our Current Affairs January 2015 Section. Current Affairs will be the center for any competitive exam like banks, Railways, SSC and other recruitments exams. Here on this page we are providing the latest Question Answers which are based on Sports, Awards, and New Appointment etc.
Current Affairs is an important section to cover up by the participant of exam. There are huge number of candidates who prepare for the various entrance exams and looking for the latest happening. For all those visitors this page must be useful.
Main Highlights of January 2015
Here in this section we are giving the Main highlights of January 2015 which will be immense help in your preparation.
- NSSO released Situation Assessment Survey of Agricultural Households
- Gujarat to host 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) in January 2015
- Taiwan launched its largest Missile Warship Tuo Chiang
- Global Arms Trade Treaty came into force
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched Mission Indradhanush
- India exported first warship CGS Barracuda to Mauritius
- RBI extended deadline for withdrawal of pre-2005 currency notes to 30 June 2015
- Suresh Prabhu Advisory Group on Integrated Development of Power submitted report
- Union Ministry of Science and Technology launched SMS-based cyclone warning system
- NASA developing gecko grippers to grab space debris
- Andhra Pradesh Assembly passed Capital Region Development Authority Bill, 2014
- Jyotsna Suri elected as the President of the FICCI
- Pakistan became Associate Member State of CERN
- Sachin Tendulkar appointed as ambassador of Cricket World Cup 2015
- Prakash Mishra appointed as Directorate General of CRPF
- Union Finance Ministry approved 8.75 percent interest rate on PF deposits for 2014-15
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV Mark-III-X from Sriharikota
- Minorities Rights Day observed across the world on 18 December
- TVS Chairman Venu Srinivasan conferred honorary citizenship of Busan
- Miss South Africa Rolene Strauss crowned Miss World 2014
- Germany won men's Hockey Champions Trophy for the year 2014
- Helios Travel launched Magic Cabs in Bengaluru
- Vivek Hallegere Murthy appointed as 19th Surgeon General of America
- Dineshwar Sharma appointed as Director of Intelligence Bureau
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo re-elected for another four year term
- Lok Sabha passed Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill 2014
- Fortune 500 list of Indian companies 2014 released
- National Energy Conservation Day observed on 14 December
- Indian Navy won fifth edition of Admirals Cup for Sailing Regatta
- Viswanathan Anand won London Classic Chess title
Question Answers for Exams in January 2015
Q1-The Bhamala Stupa, a ruined Buddhist Stupa, is located in which one of the following countries?
Q2- Who among the following has been honoured with the prestigious Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
[A] Amitabh Bachchan
[B] Salman Khan
[C] Amir Khan
[D] Shah Rukh Khan
Q3- India’s Kidambi Srikanth, is associated with which one of the following sports/event?
Q4- Which among the following e-commerce company announced the launch of “Agri Store” to offer various agriculture input products to farmers?
Q5- Which among the following states in India has highest sex ratio at birth?
[C] Madhya Pradesh
Q6- The “Meera Puraskar” is a highest literature award given by which one of the following states?
Q7- Who among the following has been as the AIFF player of the year-2014?
[A] Sandesh Jigan
[B] Sunil Chhetri
[C] Mandeep Singh
[D] Sardar Singh
Q8- According to WHO report on the most polluted cities in the world, which among the following states has maximum number of polluted cities in the country?
[A] Uttar Pradesh
[B] Madhya Pradesh
Q9- Who among the following has been voted as the number one footballer in the world?
[A] George Best
[B] Lionel Messi
[C] Cristiano Ronald
Q10- Who among the following is the new and first non-tribal Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
[A] Raghubar Das
[B] Biranchi Narayan
[C] Tala Marandi
[D] Nagendra Mahto
Q11- Which among the following is the venue for the 102nd Indian Science Congress-2015?
Q12- Who among the following is the goodwill ambassador for the 35th National Games of India?
[A] Sachin Tendulkar
[B] Pankaj Advani
[C] Sania Mirza
[D] Saina Nehwal
Q13- Which of the following countries has developed the Julang-2 (JL2) ballistic missile?
[D] North Korea
Q14- The recently launched 'Mission Indradhanush' targets how many preventable diseases?
Q15- The “NuSTAR” is a space based X-ray telescope designed by NASA to study ___?
[B] Black Holes
[D] Dwarf Planets