Current Affairs January
Current Affairs January 2016: Current Affairs is the essential part for any competitive exam like banks, Railways, SSC and other recruitments exams. Here on this page you can get Current Affairs January for all Competitive Exam. Candidates who are preparing for any Competitive Exam must be well conversant with latest news happened in month of January. Contenders can also get Current Affairs / GK Question & answers or quiz of month Jan from this page. Candidates to clear the GK section of Competitive Exam, you need to update with latest Current Affairs.
Almost every Government sector like Banks, PSC, Police, etc organizes competitive exams and each exam keeps the necessary section for General Awareness. So, all the candidates must have good knowledge of Current Affairs. Candidates who are going to appear in any competitive exam must go through this page and get all major events happening in month of January 2016.
Main Highlights of January 2016:
- LRSAM or BARAK 8 missile was successfully test fired from - INS Kolkata
- Union Cabinet gives nod for India Australia - Civil Nuclear Cooperation deal
- Prayagraj power project was commissioned by BHEL in - UP
- Who was appointed as DG of National Centre for Good Governance - Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan
- Who was named as Tournament Director of 2016 Hockey India League - Bjorn Isberg
- Ian Murdock passed away, he was founder of - Debian Linux
- Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
- Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
- Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance
- Bjorn Isberg named as Tournament Director of 2016 Hockey India League
- PM Modi concluded his three-nation tour to Russia, Afghanistan & Pakistan
- Union Government unveiled National Biotechnology Development Strategy 2015-2020
- Union Cabinet approved Raptor MoU for conservation of migratory birds of prey
- Laxmi Ratan Shukla announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- Former Newcastle United goalkeeper Pavel Srnicek died
- CCEA approved Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme for textiles industry
- Russia tied up with HAL to manufacture Kamov 226T helicopters
- SpiceJet launched travel solutions platform SpiceVacations.com
- Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik's Santa Claus sculpture featured in Limca Book of Records
- Rakhi Haldar, Kavita Devi bagged gold at National Weightlifting Championship
- BHEL commissioned Prayagraj power project unit in Uttar Pradesh
- Veteran singer Subir Sen passed away
- China launched Gaofen-4 dual-use geostationary satellite
- Gujarat clinched maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy
- 18th India-Iran Joint Commission Meeting held in New Delhi
- Bharat Petroleum commissioned Crude Distillation unit in Mumbai
- Oscar-winning cinematographer Haskell Wexler passed away
- Report of Vijay Kelkar Committee on Revisiting & Revitalizing PPP Model released
- Civil Aviation Ministry gave clearance for four greenfield airports
Latest GK Question Answers of January 2016
Q1- Recently Union Government has approved a financial aid of Rs 6,794 crore for 3 Indian draught hit states. Which of the following is not included in those 3 droughts hit states?
B. Madhya Pradesh
Q2- Which state govt has decided to make minimum educational qualification compulsory for the contestants of local body polls?
Q3- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) has commissioned a 660 MW unit of the Prayagraj Super Thermal Power Project in which state?
A. Himachal Pradesh
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Andhra Pradesh
Q4-Veda Convention and Vedic Conference begin in which state ?
Q5- China has launched a first hotline to build mutual trust with which of its rivalry country?
Q6- Which of the following had translated “Bible: The New Testament”?
A. Sharankumar Limbale
B. Nishigandha Sen
C. Mangesh Padgaonkar
D. Dilip Prabhavalkar
Q7- Russia has inked deal with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) of how much worth to manufacture 200 Kamov 226T helicopters?
A. $5 billion
B. $3 billion
C. $2 billion
D. $1 billion
Q8- 2015 Jnanpith Award has been conferred upon which of the following?
A. Pratibha Ray
B. Raghuveer Chaudhary
C. Bhalchandra Nemade
D. Kedarnath Singh
Q9- Recently WHO has declared Guinea as ebola free nation. What is the capital of Guinea?
Q10- Ministry of AYUSH has been conferred with the ISO 9001:2008 – Certificate for applying Quality Management System. What AYUSH stands for?
A. Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Haematology
B. Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Urology, Surgery & Homoeopathy
C. Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Homoeopathy
D. Ayurveda, Yoga & Neuropathy, Unani, Siddha & Homoeopathy
Q11- According to International Cricket Council One-Day International (ODI) rankings which team is ranked at first position?
D. South India
Q12- Recently Indian navy successfully tested Long Range Barak 8 missile from INS Kolkata? What is the lauch mode of Barak 8?
A. Sea-to-Sea Missile
B. Air-to-Surface Missile
C. Surface-to-Air Missile
D. Surface-to-Surface Missile
Q13- Which of the following has been appointed as the Prime Minister of Georgia?
A. Erasmus W. Beck
B. Martin Jenkins Crawford
C. John Brown Gordon
D. Giorgi Kvirikashvili
Q14- Subir Sen, who has been recenlty passed away was related to which of the following fields?
Q15- CCI has approved the acquisition of Royal Bank of Scotland Group‘s India wealth management business by which company?
A. Grants India
B. Sanctum Wealth
C. Crompton Greaves
D. Equinox Realty
Q16- Which of the following state Governor has written a song on “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” which would be pasted at the entrances of state government departments?
A. Rajasthan Governor – Kalyan Singh
B. TN Governor – K. Rosaiah
C. Goa Governor – Mridula Sinha
D. Odisha Governor – S. C. Jamir
Q17- General Om Prakash Malhotra, who has been recently passed away was served as an Indian ambassador to which country?
Q18- Which bank has announced the mobilisation of USD 5 billion towards its commitment to climate finance in India?
A. ICICI Bank
B. Yes Bank
C. Axis Bank
D. HDFC Bank
Q19- Civil Aviation Ministry has given clearance for four Greenfield airports out of which one will be set up at Gujrat for how much worth?
A.Rs. 1,838 crore
B.Rs. 1,478 crore
C.Rs. 1,738 crore
D.Rs. 1,378 crore
Q20- Recently, which Ministerial Department has launched e-office by digitizing more than 12,000 files?
A.Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
B.Ministry of Environment & Forests
C.Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
D.Ministry of Women and Child Development
Whenever there will be any new latest update then we will update that news on this page. You need to visit the page at least twice in a week for current information.