CG PET Syllabus
CG PET Syllabus 2017: Don’t Use the Old Syllabus: Let’s Download the New CG PET Syllabus and Begin with It!!! CG PET is a state level Entrance Exam and it is conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Course (B.Tech). Candidates who are planning to prepare for the Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test first they should know the complete syllabus and Eligibility Criteria and then start the preparation. Here on this page you may get the CG PET Exam Syllabus along with CG PET Exam Pattern which will help you to get the idea of format of paper. You can also download it in PDF form from official site through online mode.
Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board conducts the CGPET (Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test) every year for the candidates who want to take admission into engineering courses in the Government and private colleges of Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test Syllabus will help candidates in knowing which topics in each subject will hold more weightage than the rest of the topics. Candidates may get the Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test Syllabus from the below section of this page which is created by the team members of privatejobshub.in
CG PET Syllabus
CG PET Entrance Test consists of three sections:
UNIT – 1 MEASUREMENT
Units and dimensions, Fundamental and derived units, Dimensional analysis, S.I. Units
UNIT – 2 KINEMATICS
Linear motion in one and two dimensions, Cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration, General relation among position and velocity, Uniform circulation motion.
UNIT – 3 FORCE AND LAWS OF MOTION:
Force and inertia, Newton’s law of motion, Conservation of momentum and energy Static and Kinetic friction, Uniform Circular motion
UNIT – 4 WORK ENERGY AND POWER
Work done by force, energy, power, Elastic collisions, Potential energy, Gravitational potential energy and its angular conversion to kinetic energy, Potential energy of a spring
UNIT – 5 ROTATIONAL MOTION AND MOMENT OF INERTIA
Rigid body rotation, couple, torque, angular momentum conservation of its momentum, Moment of inertia, theorems of parallel and perpendicular axis, (Moment of inertia of uniform ring, disc thin rod and cylinder only).
UNIT – 6 GRAVITATION:
Acceleration due to gravity and its variation, Universal law of gravitation, motion of satellites, escape velocity. Synchronous satellite and polar satellite.
UNIT – 7 PROPERTIES OF SOLID AND FLUIDS:
Elasticity, Hook’s law, Young’s modulus, shear and bulk modulus, surface energy and surface tension, fluid pressure, atmospheric pressure, viscosity of fluids, kinetic theory of gases, gas laws, kinetic energy and temperature.
UNIT – 8 HEAT AND THERMODYNAMICS:
- Heat, Temperature, Thermometers, Specific heats at constant volume and constant pressure, Mechanical equivalent of heat isothermal and adiabatic processes
- Heat conduction in one dimension
- Convection and radiation, Stefan’s law and Newton’s law of cooling, Zeroth, First and Second law of thermodynamics
UNIT – 9 OSCILLATION:
Periodic motion, simple harmonic motion, Oscillations in spring, Laws of simple pendulum.
Check Out: CG PET Sample Papers With Solutions
UNIT – 10 WAVES
Transverse and longitudinal wave motion, Speed of sound, principle of super position, progressive and stationary waves, beats and Doppler effect.
UNIT – 11 LIGHT:
Wave nature of light, Interference, Young’s double slit experiment, velocity of light and Doppler’s effect in light, Reflection, refraction, total internal reflection, curved mirrors, 80 Lenses, mirror and lens formulae, Dispersion in prism, absorption and emission spectra, Optical instruments. The human eye, defects of vision, magnification and resolving power of telescope and microscope.
UNIT – 12 MAGNETISM
Bar magnet, lines of force, torque on a bar magnet due to magnetic field, earth’s magnetic field, tangent galvanometer, vibration magnetometer, Paramagnetic, di magnetic and ferromagnetic substances.
UNIT – 13 ELECTROSTATICS
Coulomb’s law of electrostatics, dielectric constant, electric field and potential due to a point charge, dipole, dipole field, Guass’s law in simple geometric Electrostatic potential, capacitance, parallel plate and spherical capacitors, capacitors in series and parallel, energy of a capacitor
UNIT – 14 CURRENT ELECTRICITY
Electric current, Ohm’s law, Kirchiff’s laws, resistances in series and parallel, temperature dependence of resistance, wheat stone bridge, and potentiometer. Measurement of voltages and currents
UNIT – 15 EFFECT OF ELECTRIC CURRENT
Magnetic thermal and chemical effect of current, Electric power heating effects of currents, chemical effects and law of electrolysis, thermoelectricity, Biot-Savart law, Magnetic fields due to a straight wire, circular loop and solenoid. Force on a moving charge in a magnetic field (Lorentz force), Magnetic moment of a current loop, effect of a uniform magnetic field of a current loop, forces between two currents; moving galvanometer, ammeter and voltmeter.
UNIT – 16 ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ULTERNATING CURRENT:
Magnetic flux, Electromagnetic induction induced emf Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law, self and mutual inductance, Alternating currents impedence and reactance growth and decay of current in L-R circuit, elementary idea of dynamo and transformer.
UNIT – 17 ELECTRONS, PHOTON AND RADIO ACTIVITY:
‘e’ and ‘e/m’ for an electron, photon, Einstein’s photoelectric equation, photocells. Bohr model of the atom, Hydrogen spectrum, Composition of nucleus, atomic masses and isotopes, radioactivity, laws of radioactive decay, decay constant, half life and mean life, Mass-energy relation, fission, X-Ray : properties and uses.
UNIT – 18 SEMICONDUCTOR
Elementary ideas of conductor, semi conductor and insulator, intrinsic and extrinsic semi-conductors, Diode, transistor, oscillator, digital circuit and logic gates
Start Your Test
UNIT – 1 ALGEBRA
- Algebra of complex numbers, Graphical representation of complex numbers, modulus and argument of complex numbers, Square root of a complex number, Triangular inequality Cube roots of unity
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Arithmetic geometric and harmonic means between two numbers.
- Sum of squares and cubes of first Natural numbers. Quadratic equations, relations between roots and coefficients, permutations and combinations, binomial Theorem (any index) exponential and logarithmic series
- Determinants up to third order and their order and their elementary properties Matrices types of matrices, ad joint and inverse of matrix, elementary properties of matrices. Partial fraction
- Application in solving simultaneous equations up to three variables
UNIT – 2 TRIGONOMETRY:
Trigonometry functions and their graphs, addition and subtraction Formula involving multiple and submultiples angles, general solutions of triangles equations, Relations between sides and angles of a triangles, Solutions of triangles, inverse; trigonometrically functions, height and distance (Simple Problems).
UNIT – 3 CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY OF TWO DEMENSIONS
- Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Straight-line pair to straight line, distance of a point from a line angle between two lines. Circle, tangents and normal system of circles
- Conic section Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola in standard forms with elementary, properties tangents and normal
UNIT – 4 CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY OF THREE DIMENSIONS:
- Rectangular co-ordinate system, Direction cosine and direction ratios, equation of place in standard forms
- Perpendicular distance from a point, equation of a line angle between two lines
UNIT – 5 VECTOR ALGEBRA:
- Definition of vector, addition of vectors, Components in three dimensional space, Scalar and vector products
- Triple products, Simple application in geometry and mechanics.
UNIT – 6 DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS:
- Function polynomial, rational trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential.
- Inverse function, Limit continuity and differentiability of functions, differentiation of rational, trigonometric and exponential functions
- Application of derivative in elementary problems 84 in mechanics increasing and decreasing functions.
- Maxima and Minima of function of one variable
- Roll’s theorem and mean value theorem
Want help in Preparation? Get Tips: Practice Which Helps In Preparation
UNIT – 7 INTEGRAL CALCULUS:
- Integrations as the inverse process of differentiations, Integration by the parts, by substitution and by partial fraction
- Definite integral, Areas under simple cures
UNIT – 8 DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS:
- Formulation of differential equation, order and degree, Solutions of differential equations by separation of variable method
- Homogeneous linear differential equation of first order
UNIT – 9 STATISTICS:
Probability addition and multiplication laws, conditional probability, binomial distribution, Simple problems in correlation and regression
UNIT – 10 NUMERICAL METHODS:
- Solution of equation by the methods of bisection, false-positions and Newton-Raphson
- Numerical integration by trapezoided and Simpson’s Rule
UNIT – 11 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
Basics of computer and its operations, Functional components, main parts of computer, Input devices, Output devices and Secondary storage devices, System software, Utility software, Application software.
Take a Test Now
UNIT – 12 PPRINCIPLES OF METALLURGICAL OPERTAIONS:
Furnaces, ore concentration, extraction, purification metallurgies of Na, Al, Fe, Cu, Ag, Zn and Pb and their properties
UNIT – 13 CHEMICAL PERIODICITY: 82
s, p, d, and f-block elements, periodic Table, periodicity, atomic and ionic radii valency, ionization energy, electron affinity, electro negativity, metallic character.
UNIT – 14 COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ELEMENTS:
Comparative, study of the following families of element: (i) Alkali metals (ii) Alkaline earth metals (iii) Nitrogen family (iv) Oxygen family (v) Halogens (vi) Noble gases.
UNIT – 15 TRANSITIONS METALS:
Electronic configuration of 3rd Metal ions, oxidation states, other general characteristic properties, potassium permanganate, potassium dichromate
UNIT – 16 CO-ORDINATION COMPOUND :
Simple nomenclature, bonding and stability, classification and bonding in organometallics.
UNIT – 17 CHEMICAL ANALYSIS:
Chemistry involved is simple inorganic qualitative analysis; calculations based on acid base titrimetry.
UNIT –18 CHEMISTRY OF HYDRO CARBON:
- Calculation of empirical and molecular formulae of organic compounds, Nomenclature of organic compounds, common functional groups, isomerism, Structure and shapes of alkanes, alkenes and benzene
- Preparation, properties and uses of alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, benzene, petroleum, cracking, octane number, gasoline additives.
UNIT – 19 ORGANIC COMPOUNDS BASED ON FUNCTIONAL GROUP CONTAINING NITROGEN:
Nomenclature, methods preparation, Chemical properties, correlations of physical properties with structures and uses of Nitro, Amino, Cyana and Diazo compounds
UNIT – 20 ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING ORGANIC OXYGENS:
Nomenclature, methods preparation, Chemical properties, correlations of physical properties with structures and uses of ethers, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and their derivatives
UNIT –21 CHEMISTRY IN DAILY LIFE
Polymers: Classification, method of preparation, properties and uses of polymers, Dyes: Classification, Structure of some important dyes, Chemistry of Drug: Introduction and classification, Chemotherapy, Importance of drug (Antipyretic, Antiseptic, Antibiotic, Anesthetics), Chemistry in food, cosmetics and detergents.
UNIT – 22 BIOMOLECULES:
Classification, Structures and biological importance of carbohydrates, amino acids, peptides, proteins and enzymes, nucleic acids and lipids
Take a Test Now
No. of Questions
Candidates who are willing to apply for Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test may fulfill the following eligibility Criteria-
- Candidates must have pass in higher secondary exam / 10+2 or equivalent qualification from Chhattisgarh Board or any of the recognized board in India
- Subjects such as Mathematics, Physics and one from Bio-Technology, Biology and Chemistry has to be cleared in the qualifying exam with an aggregate of minimum 45% (40% for reserved categories)
- Applicants must be the residents of Chhattisgarh and satisfy the domicile requirements
Gain Knowledge on: Career Options After 12th
Candidate’s age should not be more than 30 years as on the date of advertisement.
When CG PET will release any latest update on official portal we will immediately update this page so candidates keep stay in touch with us and you can book marks this page for visiting our site time to time. If you have any query regarding CG PET Syllabus 2017 then drop your comment in the comment box which is provided below.
Take Help From These Preparation Stuff