How to Become an IAS Officer
IAS is a dream of most of the candidates. If you have a question in your mind that How to Become an IAS Officer then you need to follow the Step By Step Preparation Tips provided here. Here on this page we are disclosing Preparation Guidelines applied by the toppers to crack this exam easily.
If you are really determined and make use of the following guidelines, then you will surely get the success over this exam because accomplishing it is not a big deal if you make a proper strategy for preparation.
Candidates who wish to become an IAS officer have to appear and clear the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC. An IAS officer is one of the most honored positions in the society. Its norms and condition are governed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates follow this procedure and preparation tips and takes a step towards their success.
Step By Step Procedure to become an IAS officer
Step 1: Ensure Their Eligibility
- Firstly candidates have to ensure their eligibility i.e. Applicants who wish to become IAS official are needed to acquire graduation in any discipline from a UGC identified university.
- Bachelor's level is the minimum certification needed to require applying for the civil service examination.
- There is no minimum percentage is needed to be qualified to this examination.
- Final year applicants are also qualified to apply for this examination.
- Age limitations of the contenders should be liable in between 21 to 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
Step 2: Qualify the Civil Service Exam
The all India combined competitive examination for Civil Service comprises of three stages. They are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Preparation Tips For Preliminary Exam
This exam consists of two portions as General Studies and Optional Subjects
For General studies
- Consider the book on the topics of current affairs like pratiyogita darpan, competition success. Questions from the current topic are made relatively in the same manner.
- Books on civics, history and economics from class 11th and 12th of N.C.E.R.T. should be read as they contain the main knowledge of this portion.
- Read as many books as possible on general knowledge such as History of Modern India, India’s Struggle for Independence, Facets of Indian Culture etc and tries to solve the questions given in them without any help.
- You can also read newspapers and watch news daily to remain updated.
For optional Subjects
- Optional subjects contain the portion of the subjects that you had done your graduation in.
- A selected syllabus is provided separately for this portion, so accordingly prepare the part of your previous studies rather than going through every topic of the books.
- Some might presume this portion to be the most important one but it is not so, general studies should be given more time as you already are familiar with this portion due to your academic qualifications.
Preparation Tips for the Mains
- Explore writing abilities as this paper is based on essay and paper writing.
- Two papers on English and Hindi language and 4 from your optional subjects should be prepared.
- Try to increase your speed of writing as these papers are lengthy.
- General essay are on the different topics like life of Mahatma Gandhi.
- In English and Hindi essays there is comprehensive writing.
- Rather than Hindi a language paper can be given for regional language test with same general or language based topics so are prepared for that portion.
Interview Preparation Tips
- After qualifying through these two rounds next big step is interview part. Most of the aspirants are rejected in this portion due to lack of their presence of mind.
- Be confident while giving any answer.
- Be fluent in English.
- Listen to each question very carefully.
- Maintain your eye contact and sit properly with discussion being mutual try to remain calm.
- Your technical skills will also help you here so be prepared to answer any technical question from your subject.
Finally, All the best for all the students who are going to appear in the exam! Hope that these tips will help you to crack IAS exam easily. If you want more updated information or current affairs then keep visiting our web portal on regular basis.
Have a look on Below Links