Current Affair May 2015
Applicants’ who are preparing for any competitive exam like Bank Exams and looking for Current Affair May 2015 than you are at correct place. From the below tuned section you can easily check and download Current Affairs Quiz/ Question and Answers to prepare well for exam.
Now a Days Current affair is a trend, Every Govt. Organization and university ask questions on Current Affairs in its recruitment exam /entrance test. It is an important part of any competitive exam whether it is for government job or Admission. Everywhere candidates need to keep them up to date time to time.
Here on this page we are going to give you information about current affairs of May 2015. We also provide you some Question and Answers related to Current Affair May 2015 which may be asked in any competitive exam.
Current Affairs Question and Answers
1) Pakistan on 21 April 2015 conferred its top civilian award ‘Nishan-e-Pakistan’ on?
(A) Xi Jinping
(B) Barack Obama
(C) Tony Abbott
(D) Vladimir Putin
2) Magnetic levitation technology (Maglev) train of which country has recently clocked a new world speed record smashing through the 603 kilometre per hour mark in a test run?
3) Which Online Travel Company on 21 April 2015 announced that it has acquired certain assets of Mygola.com?
(A) Travel Yaari
(D) None of these
4) Janaki Ballav Patnaik who passed away on 21 April 2015 was the former Chief Minister of which state?
5) Civil Services Day was observed across India on?
(A) 21 April
(B) 22 April
(C) 23 April
(D) 24 April
6) Which country will become the first Test cricket nation to visit Pakistan since 2009 as announced recently?
(C) West Indies
7) Which department was on 21 April 2015 awarded 'Prime Minister's award for excellence in Public Administration?
(A) Department of Posts
(B) Department of Civil Aviation
(C) Income Tax Department
(D) All of these
8) International Mother Earth Day was observed globally on 22 April 2015 with the theme?
(A) Green Cities
(B) The Face of Climate Change
(C) Mobilize the Earth
(D) it’s our turn to lead
9) Which player has recently smashed a world record 350 in just 138 balls during a one-day match in a Royal London National Club Championship game?
(A) Sean Abbott
(B) Liam Livingstone
(C) Charles Coventry
(D) Chris Morgan
10) Which bank has recently tied up with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch Rupay Platinum Debit card with upgraded features?
(A) IDBI Bank
(B) ICICI Bank
(D) Federal Bank
- Bimba Modak, Marathi actress passed away.
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed an Rs 1.5 crore penalty each on Bank of Maharashtra, Dena Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce for violation of Know Your Customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering norms.
- Logo of International Day of Yoga launched on 29th April 2015 by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaran.
- Seychelles became 161st member of World Trade Organization on 26th April 2015.
- PropTiger.com’ acquired ‘Makaan.com’ on 29th April 2015 to expand its presence in the secondary property market.
- Low quality plastic items banned in Ahmedabad.
Science & Technology
Department of Space and Department of Land Resources signed an agreement with National Remote Sensing Centre to develop Web Geo Portal Shrishti and Mobile App Drishti.
Business & Economy
- The World Bank forecasted India's GDP growth at 7.5% in current fiscal 2015/16.
- The Punjab National Bank has become the first bank to start opening Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme accounts. The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January this year.
- The government of India today decided to continue, Rs. 1,000 minimum monthly pension social security scheme which is run by Employment Provident Fund Organization.
- India and Japan have signed a five-point action agenda to increase bilateral trade and investment between the two nations.
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has appointed actor and producer Mukesh Khanna as the Chairperson of the Children's Film Society of India (CFSI). He replaced Amole Gupte.
- Mohammed bin Nayef has been appointed as Crown Prince and as Deputy Prime Minister of the country by King of Saudi Arabia Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud.
Awards & Honors
- Dr. Pramod Patil and Dr Ananda Kumar have been awarded with 2015 Whitley Awards for their contribution to wildlife conservation in developing countries.
- Ananda Kumar and Dr.Pramod Patil won Whitley Awards for the contribution to wildlife conservation. The awards are also known as ‘Green Oscar.
- Railways has defeated Uttar Pradesh Hockey by 5-3 in the final and won the Senior Men's National Hockey championship.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has banned the West Indies player Sunil Narine, from bowling off-spinners in all matches organised by the BCCI, including the ongoing IPL.
- Indian Badminton player Saina Nehwah player reached the World' No 1 spot in the world women's list which was officially announced recently.
- Kumar Sangakkara (Srilanka) and Meg Lanning (Australian women cricketer) were named as the Leading cricketers in the world in 2015 by Wisden Cricketer's Almanack (also called as bible of cricket)
Note: If you face any query than you may write your views in the below stated comment box.
Have a Look On the Below Given Links