Ministry of Culture Scholarship
Ministry of Culture Scholarship 2016: Ministry of Culture is going to execute a Scholarship Award Scheme for the young artist in different cultural fields. The scheme is going to be executed for the artist to make them trained professionally in India. Ministry of Culture invites application forms from the persons who want to do something extraordinary for the nation through their art and expertise in cultural activity.
400 Scholarships will be awarded to the young artists who’ve got training for minimum 5 years from their Guru/ Institutes in the following cultural field:
Indian Classical Music
Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental) Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc
Indian Classical Dances/ Music
Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance
How to Get a Scholarship
How to Get a Scholarship
Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding playwriting and research
Graphics, Sculpture, Painting, Creative Photography, Pottery & Ceramics, etc
Folk,Traditional and Indigenous Arts
Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, etc
Light Classical Music
- Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal,
- Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad.
- Aspirants must be an Indian Nationals;
- Applicants are required to have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively;
- Contestants must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively; As Ministry of Culture Scholarship are meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field.
- Aspirants must have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application;
- Contenders need to have an adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
The age of the artist should be between 18 to 25 years.
Documents to be attached
- One attested copy of degrees, diplomas and certificates, etc. if any, in support of statement made regarding education qualifications, experiences, etc. in the application.
- Age Proof certificate
- One passport size recently taken photograph; the candidate applying for dance should send, in addition, three photographs in costume in full form in actual different dancing poses.
- In the case of candidates applying for Ministry of Culture Scholarship in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to send attested copies of photographs of the original works.
- Training Certificates
How to Apply for Ministry of Culture Scholarship Application Form:
- The candidates may Apply Online from the official link given below by pressing the “Next” link at the bottom of the notification.
- Fill the online application with relevant details and submit the application.
- You must provide the running e-mail ID.
- Take printout of it and should forward to the below address.
S&F Section, Ministry of Culture,
NAI Building Annexe,
Second Floor, Janpath,
New Delhi – 110001
Important Date :
Will be updated soon
Note: You may get entire detailed information about Ministry of Culture Scholarship 2016 from Official Link