CAT Eligibility Criteria
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017: CAT is Common Admission Test for pursuing Postgraduate Courses in Business Administration. Candidates going to apply for CAT Exam first they must know CAT Eligibility Criteria. Here on this page you may get the complete details such as Age Limit, qualification required etc from the below section.
Common Admission Test is a national level exam which is conducted by the IIMs on the rotation basis. Aspirants who fulfill all eligibility criteria can apply for CAT Exam by filling the application form through online process. For acquiring more details regarding Common Admission Test Eligibility Criteria you need to go through the below section of this page of privatejobshub.in
CAT Eligibility Criteria
Want to know the courses which come under CAT
CAT Qualification Required:
- Applying candidates must hold Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD). If the obtained marks are in the form of CGPA then it would be converted to percentage marks based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where the candidate has passed his/her bachelor degree.
- The candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree and whose results are waiting are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- Such candidates should produce a certificate from Principal/Head of institution certifying that the candidates is currently in final year/waiting for result and has obtain at least 50% marks based on grades
Necessity Of Master Degree And Its Role: Read Now
CAT Age Limit:
There is no upper or below age limit as long as you hold a valid Graduation Degree.
Mode of Selection:
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of Computer Based Test which comprises of two sections with negative marking on each wrong answer.
- Candidates who will qualify the Common Admission Test will be called for GD (Group Discussion)/Interview for final selection.
Do You Know? CAT Selection Criteria
CAT Exam Pattern:
- This is computer based test (CBT) and the question paper is of MCQ type.
- It consists of 100 questions and it has three sections that is Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC).
- The duration of paper is 3 hours as 60 minutes for each section.
- Some of the questions will be of non-MCQ and are of subjective type.
- The sections of QA and VRC contain 34 questions while DILR section will have 32 questions.
See Preparation Links
According to the policy of Indian government, the seat reservation will be appropriate for CAT and the seats are reserved as follows:
- Schedule Caste (SC) – 15% seats
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5% seats
- Non Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC) – 27% seats
- PWD Differently Abled (DA) candidates – 3% seats
Process to Apply for CAT Application Form :
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the official site of particular institute.
- On the home page of official site select the appropriate link.
- Applicants are required to fill the application form in the proper manner and must upload recent photograph and signature.
- Make the payment of fee.
- After filling the form, submit the form with the given period of time.
- At last, take the print out of it for future use.
Must Check Here:
Candidates may get the complete details regarding CAT Eligibility Criteria through this page. You can subscribe our free mail service and also can join us through the Facebook and Google plus. You can also bookmark our web portal by pressing ctrl+d option.