GNM Nursing Application Form
This notification is concerned with the 3 years Diploma Course in GNM. Aspirants who are willing to get admission in the above mentioned course are advised to stay connected with this page. From here you can get the last date and other details about GNM Nursing Notification.
- Details about GNM Application Form
- GNM Eligibility
- How to Fill General Nursing And Midwifery Application Form
- GNM Nursing Books
GNM Nursing Application Form
School of Nursing Cochin Port Trust Hospital
General Nursing and Midwifery
- To fill up the GNM Nursing Application Form, the aspirants are required to fulfill the criterion given:
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 class preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 40% marks.
- Candidates attained 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board from the school and recognized by Indian Nursing Council with 40% marks.
- And last but not the least the contender must be registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
- In medical terms also the aspirants should be fit.
- The admission will only be done once in a year.
- Candidates who are going to apply for the General Nursing and Midwifery Jobs, their Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years.
- There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
- Relaxation to SC/ST/OBC will be given according to the norms.
- Candidates who think themselves capable and willing to apply for above mentioned course they just need to follow some simple steps to fill up the GNM Nursing Application Form, which is well mentioned below …
- Keen applicants who are willing to apply for above said course first of all they have to go through the official website of organization that is www.cochinport.gov.in
- After that contenders are required to choose ‘Current Openings’ link under ‘Careers’ tab that is visible on the home page of official website.
- After that on the next page aspirants need to select ‘course for the academic year 2016-2017 for School of Nursing Cochin Port Trust’ link.
- By hitting above mentioned link a new page will be opened in PDF format having instructions and procedure to collect application form in (prescribed format).
- After filling GNM Nursing Application Form, in all respects contenders have to send it to the address which is well mentioned below…
- The First Inspection Fees will be Rs. 50000.00/-
- The Annual Affiliation Fees will be Rs. 10000.00/-
- For the Re-Inspection / Enhancement of Seats, the amount decided is Rs. 15000.00/-
- Appliers can obtain application form in prescribed format from the office of the Chief Medical Officer, Cochin Port Trust Hospital, Cochin-3 by submitting demand draft of Rs.200/-. Contenders can also get application form by post by submitting DD of Rs.225/-.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favour of “THE PRINCIPAL, SCHOOL OF NURSING, COCHIN PORT TRUST HOSPITAL”, payable at Canara Bank, Willingdon Island, Cochin-3.
- GNM referred as General Nursing and Midwifery
- It deals with the education of nurses in general health care, nursing, and midwifery.
- It is a three and half year diploma course
- Child Health Nursing
- Health Care Management
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotion
- Primary Health Nursing
- Textbook for Health Workers and ANM (2 Vols Set) by Clement
- Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) Entrance Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
- Staff Nurse ANM/GNM by Vikas Doon
- Fundamental of Nursing by Poonam Sharma
- Nursing Art Procedure Vol. I by Sr. Nancy
- Senior Nursing Procedure Vol. II by Sr. Nancy
- Tremendous patience
- Alertness of mind
- Passionate and Sympathetic
- Good team spirit
- Physically fit
- Good communication and observation skills
- Responsibility and Dedication
- Once you have completed the course, then you will become a successful “Nurse”.
- In this career there are so many opportunities that you can grab
- There are many institutions and other organizations that are willing to hire successful GNM diploma holders.
- After the successfully completion of the course, there are a various higher study options as well as career scope for you.
- In both public as well as the private sector you will get a tremendous start.
- You can get job in various areas like government and private hospitals, nursing homes, old age homes, orphanages, various industries, sanatoriums and armed forces.
- You can also work at education Institutions, nursing tutor, ICU nurse & Infection control nurse.
- State Nurse Registration Council will register you after the completion of your course.
- If you are a holder of ANM degree then you are fully eligible to apply for the GNM degree.
- You can also opt for higher studies or pursuing career in the related field.
- If you want you can also start your career with some other job disciplines as Community Health Worker, Home Nurse, Health Visitor, Basic Health Worker & Rural Health Worker.
- You can work as a Staff Nurse, Home Nurse, Health Visitor & Community Health Worker.
- You can get the job not only in India but in Abroad too.
Top College Updates