How to Prepare For PCS Exam
How To Prepare For PCS Exam
- These exams are the state exams one should be well attentive of the history and geography of the particular state.
- Since PCS is a civil service examination the contender should be ready for a high complexity level and mentally ready for putting in a good amount of hard work.
- Though the exam is a state exam one must have essential knowledge of the country, the most recent happenings in the country too. For that the aspirant must start reading national newspaper in order to remain themselves well up to date of the happenings in and around the world.
- Applicants should pay particular concentration in enhancing their general knowledge. They should be prepared to become skilled at new things every moment.
- For the meeting the candidates should be well prepared with the local language, culture and custom.
- Since the exam is conducted by UPSC the pattern remains the similar, i.e. prelims first, then the mains and then the interview. But the small states go for the mains directly.
- Candidates should read previous year question papers and try and resolve them. This will give them an idea of the pattern and make them relaxed with it.
- Contenders must keep appearing for the mock papers and should keep a check on the time because with an excellent preparation it is very significant to attempt all questions in time.
- It is advisable for the students to appear for both the PCS and UPSC exams at the same time because the syllabus is almost same with a minor difference.
- If you have sufficient time for the exam, choose a chapter you are weak in and one that is essential from the exam standpoint.
- Or if you do not have adequate time, pick a chapter that you are relaxed, have not practiced enough and that is an main chapter
- Give priority to important chapters if you have not revised them or not practiced sufficient questions on them.
- If exams are just approaching, leave out any new chapter because it will make a lot of pressure and anyway you cannot master it adequate for the exam.
- Keep in mind significant milestones coming up, such as mock tests or school exams, festivals or family functions.