How To Crack MAT Exam
How To Crack MAT Exam
- For English section, grammar is very significant and question-types comprise analogies, synonyms and antonyms, match the list, idioms, one word for many and fill in the blanks.
- If your English is sound sufficient, you can almost clear English section of MAT with flying colors.
- One old trick to solve the comprehension section is to read the questions before reading the comprehension.
- Read newspapers, magazine and watch English news channels to improve Vocabulary and reading skills.
- For mathematics, Focus on understanding theories rather than assaulting formulas. You might encounter topics in quantitative ability section that you might not face in other MBA entrance exams.
- Candidates should solve questions of Average, Ages, profit-loss, HCF and LCM, Numbers, Ratio proportion, percentages and discounts etc.
- Read all formulas carefully and write in a notebook.
- First solve all basic formula type of questions. Learn basic tricks to solve the question in less time.
- Having formulae on your fingertips, being adequate in intellectual calculations and developing your own short cuts will prove very useful to score speedily in Mathematical.
- Questions in Mathematics are easy but the time is less and questions are from almost all the topics.
Take a Test Now
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
- Improve your logical thought process. It is a factor that earns you top rank.
- An effective way to prepare for Reasoning is to take the bottomless knowledge of verbal and non verbal reasoning.
- Don’t just solve a MAT problem; examine the problem as why that happened, what is the other way. What went wrong etc.
- Always study with Notes, solve model papers to improve your efficiency for subject.
- Candidates can read reasoning reference books regularly and practice with maximum question.
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency:
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency is highly scoring section hence, after spending enough time at the Maths one should shift their attention to the Data Analysis section.
- Candidates should study hard for this subject topics are Table, Line graph, Bar graph, Pie chart
- Always study with books and practice some time for previous year questions.
- Since there are no fixed formulae to attempt them, the scores depend on how much you are familiar with myriad of questioning patterns.
Indian and Global Environment:
- Candidates should read various general knowledge books and current affair magazines
- To improve the general awareness read news dailies and magazines, watch news channels and browse the Internet to keep updated with the current affairs.