Navratri Durga Puja VidhiReady to celebrate the Festival Of Goddess Durga? Then get complete schedule of Chaitra Navaratri 2017 dates along with Shubh Muhurat Time, according to the Hindu calendar from this page. Navratri are the 9 days of festival where we worship different forms of the Goddess Durga (Shakti) for nine days. You’re advised to go through this page and acquire Navratri Durga Puja Vidhi and images of all Goddess Durga (Shakti).
After a gap of about 20-22 years, the new moon and Navaratri are on the same day. In such a way, there can be many kinds of illusions to the devotees, whether it is right on the day of Navaratri to establish Kalash on Navaratri. So you don’t be confused, we’re providing your Shubh Muhurat Timing for kalash-staphana. Take a look…
Timings for Kalash-sthapana 2017 –
As per hindu calendar, we get the information that Chaitra Navratri will begin on 28th March and will end on 05th April so now here we have the auspicious muhurat
- Kalashsthapana Muhurta = 08:26 AM to 10:42 AM
- Duration = 2 Hours 15 Mins
Navratri Durga Puja Vidhi
Before Starting Puja:
- The first day of Navratri festival is ‘Ghatasthapana’ which is the main ritual.
- This day marks the beginning of Navratri as it symbolizes the commencement of the occasion for nine days.
- Devotees place picture of Goddess in to the kalash (pot).
- The pot must be covered with cow dung and seeds must be sown in the dung.
- Further the seeds sprout and are then distributed as Prasad on the Vijayadashami day.
Step-by-Step Navratri Durga Puja Vidhi at Your Home;
- Here, is the full Navratri Pooja Vidhi – Items to be required for the Navratri Pooja:
- Picture Or Idol Of Goddess Durga In The Pooja Room
- A Dupatta Or Sari To Offer To The Deity
- Durga Saptshati Book
- Ganga Water Or Plain Water In Kalash (Pitcher)
- Fresh And Washed Mango Leaves
- Fresh Grass, Gulal
- One Coconut, Roli, Red Sacred Powder For Tilak
- Moli, Red Sacred Thread
- Rice, Supari (Areca nuts)
- Paan (Betel leaves)
- Cloves, Cardamom, Kumkum (vermilion)
9 Significant Days in Sharad Navratri
Nav Durga Puja is easy; know here (which Nav Durga is associated with which day of Navratri). Here is the list of Nav Durga associated with particular day (tithi) of Navratri:
Worship specific form of Nav Durga on their respective day with following Mantras to please them:
Shailputri Puja on First Day of Navratri, Mantra:
- Om Devi Shailputryai Swaha (ॐ देवी शैल्पुत्र्यै स्वाहा)
- Vande Vanchhit Laabhaay, Chandrardhkritshekharaam | Vrisharudham Shooldharaam Shailputriim Yashaswinim ||
Brahmcharini Puja on Second Day of Navratri, Mantra:
- Om Devi Brahmcharinyai Namah (ॐ देवी ब्रह्म्चरिण्यै नमः)
- Dadhaanaa Kar Padmaabhyaamakshmala Kamandaloo | Devi Prasidatu Mayi Brahmcharinyanuttamaa.
Chandraghanta Puja on Third Day of Navratri- Mantra for worship of Devi Chandraghanta is as follows:
- Om Devi Chandraghantayayi Namah (ॐ देवी चन्द्रघन्टायै नमः)
- Pindaj Pravaarudh chandkopastrkairyuta | Prasadam Tanute Madhyam Chandraghanteti vishrutaa ||
Kushmanda Puja on Fourth Day of Navratri, Mantra:
- Om Devi Kushmandayayi Namah (ॐ देवी कूष्माण्डायै नमः)
- Suraasampoorna Kalasham Rudhiraaplutamev Cha | Dadhaanaa Hastpadmaabhyaam Kushmanda Shubhdaastu Me ||
Skandmata Puja on Fifth Day of Navratri, mantra for worship Goddess Skandamata:
- Om Devi Skandmatayayi Namah (ॐ देवी स्कन्दमातायै नमः)
- Sinhaasangataam Nityam Padmaanchit Kardwayaa | Shubhdaastu Sadaa Devi Skandmata Yashaswini ||
Katyayani Puja on Sixth Day of Navratri, Mantra:
- Om Devi Katyayanyayi Namah (ॐ देवी कात्यायन्यै नमः)
- Chandrahaasojjval Karaa Shaardoolvarvaahanaa | Katyayani Shubham Dadyaad Devi Daanavghatini ||
Kalratri Puja on Seventh Day of Navratri, Mantra for worship during Navratri is:
- Om Devi Kalratryayi Namah (ॐ देवी कालरात्र्यै नमः)
- Ekveni Japakarnpoora Nagna Kharaasthita | Lamboshthi Karnika karni Tailaabhyaktshariirini || Vaam Paadollasallohlata Kantakbhushanaa | Bardhan Moordham Dhwajaa Krishnaa Kalratrirbhayankari ||
Mahagauri Puja on Eighth Day of Navratri, Mantra:
- Om Devi Mahagauryayi Namah (ॐ देवी महागौर्यै नमः) Shwete Vrishesamarudha Shwetaambardhara Shuchih | Mahagauri Shubham Dadyanmahadev Pramodadaa ||
Siddhidatri Puja on Ninth Day of Navratri, Mantra for worship:
- Om Devi Siddhidatryayi Namah (ॐ देवी सिद्धिदात्र्यै नमः)
- Siddha Gandharva Yakshdyairasurairamarairapi | Sevyamaanaa Sadabhuyaat Siddhida Siddhidayini ||
This Yaggya / Navratri Durga worshipping is very beneficial since, Maa Durga is considered the Celestial destroyer of mishaps, tragedies, sufferings as well as so many. It is popular in North Indian households that Navratri Puja starts with Shubh Muhurat time on the same date as of when Gudi Padwa and Ugadi are renowned in Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh respectively so check complete schedule from here.
Check Out Here: List of Important Days
Must Consider This Points To Start Navratri Durga Puja:
- Get up sharp at the sunrise.
- This time is considered best to perform the Navratri Pooja.
- For performing the Navratri Pooja, you need to wake up early in the morning.
- Take bath and wear laundered clothes.
- You will need incense sticks, a ‘deep’ and a matchstick, some fresh flowers like rose, jasmine or red hibiscus.
- To offer should have fresh fruits and sweets such as ‘laddoo’, or ‘peda’ for prasad.
- You need to do 108 Recitation of Mantras as per goddess on day mentioned below.
Sara Jaha Hi Jiski Sharan Me
Naman Hi Unn Maaon Ke Charan Me
Hum Hai Unnhi Maaon Ke Charano Ki Dhule
Aao Milkar Maaon Ko Chadhaye, Shradha Ke Fool...
We suggest you to go well with these mantras and do well Durga Pooja ceremonies on all through Navratri’s auspicious 9 days ….. Happy Navratri 2017 to everyone out there!!!
Check Latest Updates going on: