UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018 Teachers Slots Online Apply @www.ugc.ac.in
UGC Emeritus Fellowship
UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018: University Grants Commission invites UGC Emeritus Fellowship Application forms from interested candidates for award of UGC Emeritus Fellowship. It is great opportunity for superannuated teachers of all recognized universities and colleges provided by University Grants Commission that are permitted under UGC Act, to follow active research in their particular field of specialization. Various Teachers Slots are available under the Scheme for Science streams, Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages.
Those aspirants who are interested and going to apply for UGC Emeritus Fellowship are advised to check the required eligibility criteria before applying which is given below. Individuals that are concerned with this event can acquire each and every detail about UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018 from the below tuned page which is well modified by the team members of www.privatejobshub.in for your comfort and convenience.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship
Exceedingly competent and knowledgeable, superannuated or likely to be superannuated within the period of 6 months, teachers of recognized universities/colleges/institutions.
Eligibility Required for UGC Emeritus Fellowship
Eligibility will be based on the value of research and published work that was contributed by the teacher in his/her service vocation.
The applicant must possess Ph.D. Degree. The candidate’s research work must be published in reputed journals and contribution to research at national or international level with industries, national organizations, and Universities.
Know about: Importance Of Scholarship
Age Criteria for UGC Emeritus Fellowship
The awardee (superannuated) will assigned to work under this scheme with a well defined time bound action plan up to the age of 70 years or up to two years (non-extendable) of the award whichever is earlier.
Employment Status for UGC Emeritus Fellowship
Candidate must be engaged in permanent regular service as lecturers, senior lecturers and selection grade lecturers, readers and professors in any recognized Institution.
Objectives of providing UGC Emeritus Fellowship:
- The objective of this award is to provide an opportunity to carry out the advanced studies and research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutions as indicated below:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act, 1956.
- Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 which are eligible to receive grant in aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/ State Govt.
- Institutes of National Importance.
Know Here: How To Get A College Scholarship
Rate of UGC Emeritus Fellowship:
Rate of UGC Emeritus Fellowship changes from time to time and currently, these rates are followed.
Honorarium of Rs. 20,000/- p.m. from UGC. for two years (non extendable)
Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- per annum towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments
Nature of Assistance Available Under the UGC Emeritus Fellowship Scheme:
Total Number of UGC Emeritus Fellowship Teachers Slots:
There are total 200 Slots Available under the Scheme.
Distribution of Slots:
Humanity, Language and Social Science: 100
Science streams: 100
Candidates will get Honorarium of Rs.31, 000/- p.m. from UGC for two years (non-extendable).
- Awardees will also get Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- p.a.
- Towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments.
- However 3 books and journals and equipments etc. procured out of the contingency grant will be the property of the University/College/Institute.
Crack the Scholarship Exam
For Foreign Visit:
Foreign visit in connection with the approved research work of the awardees will be limited to once in a year with the prior approval/no-objection of the Institution/University where the project work is being undertaken along with that of UGC.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Selection Process:
- For UGC Emeritus Fellowship, Initially screening of applications will be done after that a merit list prepared by the commission and shortlisted candidates will be called for further selection process.
- Eligible candidates will be called for Interview taken by the exerts of committee formed by UGC.
Check Here: Interview Questions that Definitely Confuse You
Procedure for Approval by the UGC:
- University Grants Commission gives UGC Emeritus Fellowship on the basis of recommendation of the Expert Committee constituted by the Commission.
- The applicant to whom the award is granted must not hold any other post or be gainfully employed anywhere at the time of joining.
- Awardees have to join the award within one month from the issue of the award letter.
- Selected individuals may also take the Major Research Project are entitled to receive honorarium from one scheme only.
- No extension under the scheme is admissible and hence the proposal should be well defined with a time bound action plan.
- Women/SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy-layer)/ physically / Handicapped and Minorities category aspirants are given due care and put on first choice.
Go Through: Scholarship After 12th Class In India 2018
Procedure for Approval by the UGC:
- In the very first step candidates need to visit Official site that is www.ugc.ac.in to apply for UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018
- After reaching to home page of official website you have to select suitable link as “e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships” which is visible at the right side.
- Then you need to press on “Emeritus Fellowship” link from new window.
- After that read all the information given in UGC Emeritus Fellowship Notification.
- Now hit on “Apply Now” button.
- After that press on “Proceed for Registration” button.
- Fill UGC Emeritus Fellowship Online Application Form with Personal Information including caste and physical disability certificate (if applicable) in correct manner.
- After completing online process, a registration id is generated which is used for generating a PDF file and take a print out of it
- Now Fill-in Career & Qualification Information, Project Information including proposed project information etc in accurate manner.
- In the last step you need to submit the filled UGC Emeritus Fellowship form within given period of time.
From Here: Get More Scholarships in India
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
Last Date for submission of Application Form for UGC Emeritus Fellowship: Last week of June 2018
Cancellation of UGC Emeritus Fellowship Award:
- The organization reserves the right to cancel UGC Emeritus Fellowship Award any time, as on following circumstances:
- Misconduct, including research piracy.
- Unsatisfactory work by awardees.
- Organization cancels the award, if applicant doesn’t fulfill eligibility criteria.
For gaining further information about UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018 you may visit the Official Link. Interested contenders can bookmark this page using ctrl + d key.
Have A Look On Given Below Links: