Career as a Company Secretary In India | Job Profile – Opportunities, How to Become
Career as a Company Secretary In India
Career as a Company Secretary In India: After 12th Career as a Company Secretary In India is definitely a good option. There is a vast expansion in corporate world and a need for a specialist in every field has become mandatory.
You can utilize your CS degree in numerous ways like entering into practice, becoming advisory, exploring more into Legal side, providing tuitions at the chapters etc. A company having the required paid up capital compulsorily needs to appoint a CS.
Company Secretary In India- Job Profile:
Career as a Company Secretary not only offers a high degree of job satisfaction but is also financially rewarding and most importantly prestigious. Most of you want to know the How to become CS in India and Job Profile, Opportunities of the same.
So the dedicated team members of www.privatejobshub.in are providing here complete details of Career as a Company Secretary In India on below section of this page. Have a look!!!
Career as a Company Secretary
After the era of globalization, the Indian economy and corporate sector experienced drastic changes, which result in increasing of jobs like legal, finance, accounts, secretariat, and administrative.
Here is the role of company secretary which become extremely relevant to carry out these responsibilities effectively. Besides, private sector, the government sector are also employing CS. He is recruited for different job profiles like Junior Secretarial Officer, Financial Adviser, Chairman, Managing Director, Board of directors, etc.
Gain Knowledge on: Career Options After 12th
Company Secretary Salary:
Since the job of CS is demanding in the corporate world, so remuneration for the experienced and hard working person is the best in the market. The fresher when join as a junior secretarial officer may be given Rs 20-25 thousands per month.
When CS rose into the position of Financial Adviser they get salary in lakhs. He gets handsome package. Along with high remuneration, they are also getting several benefits like holidays with pay, insurance, credit for housing, transport facilities, sick leaves, including other perks.
Check Out: Best Companies To Work For In India
Job Opportunities in Company Secretary:
The job options and employment opportunities in the field of company secretary is immense. The job options increase day by day due to multifarious functions post LPG era. Jobs prospects get multiplying day by day.
As per government ordinance, the company with more than Rs 2 crore paid –up share capital has to recruit company secretary on full time basis. One can get placement in government sector through Indian Company Law Service. Getting job as Indian Company Law Service is a very lucrative career and lots of perks.
Find Here: Highest Paying Jobs In India
Job Profile of Company Secretary:
- For the job of company secretary, the person should be dedicated to work.
- Communication should be effective with people of the concerned department to ensure that the activities of the organisation are legally, administratively and financially acceptable.
- He has to be up to date with the latest development of relevant laws.
- CSs should be well versed in finance, legal issues, accounting, taxation, corporate social responsibility.
Jobs Prospects for Company Secretary:
Company Secretaries are recruited at private, public, and abroad. Some of the important firms which are hiring these professionals are:
- Bigger corporate organisations
- Airport Authority of India
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
- Bureau of Public Enterprises
- Government Financial Institution
- Stock Exchange
Company Secretary Courses:
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is the nodal institution to offer various courses. Following courses and examinations have to be successfully passed by a candidate to be a professional CS. The course is consisted of three stages after passing 10+2.
- The Foundation Course: This course is of 8 months duration and the eligibility for it is 10+2 passed. The students of Arts, Science or Commerce can pursue it. Fine arts students can’t opt it.
- The Intermediate Course: graduate except fine arts one.
- The Final Course: it can be pursued only by those candidates who successfully passed the executive course.
How to become CS in India?
- Stages to become Company Secretary in India,
- The student who would like to join this CS Course after 10+2 has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
· Foundation Programme
· Executive Programme
· Professional Programme
- In addition, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months which a student may opt to start after passing the Executive Programme.
- Besides, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months. The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation (Example: B.com) has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
· Executive Programme
· Professional Programme
- Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.
- Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
- Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.
- Training: A Student has to undergo 15 months Management Training in Companies sponsored by the Institute after passing the Executive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in Practice.
- After qualifying Professional Examination and on successful completion of training a candidate is admitted as an Associate Member of the ICSI and can use the letters ACS after his/her name i.e. Associate Company Secretary.
Opportunities abroad for CS
- Many Company Secretaries are already working in various countries like the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-east, Africa, etc. With their research and legal bent of mind, their employers have recognized their professional skill sets.
- They also possess managerial capabilities and analytical skills. After the globalization of services through WTO and GATS, the field is opening in various countries for practicing company secretaries as well.
- ICSI has entered into an MoU with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK. This MoU recognizes Company Secretaries of both the countries on certain conditions. This is opening up the world to Company Secretaries.
We hope that details of Career as a Company Secretary In India provided on this page is beneficial for you. If you have any query or doubts related to the post then you can type your comment in below comment box. Our experts will soon solve your queries.
Have A Look On Below Links