Employment Guarantee Schemes in India, Government Programs Apply Now
Employment Guarantee Schemes in India
Employment Guarantee Schemes in India is communal security schemes that try to offer employment and source of revenue to rural laborers in the nation. If you’re one of them who want to get the benefits of these Government Programs may apply now for it. Please notice that, the scheme is planned to offer employment to any grown person who registers for rural service. Minimum jobs guarantee of 100 days every financial year and it contains non-skilled work, making it one-of-its-kind transversely the globe.
Employment Guarantee Scheme Was First Introduced In 1960 and this is one of the ways to guarantee employment for certain days in a fiscal year so that the problem of unemployment, especially in rural areas is eradicated.The scheme was implemented for strengthenthe poor people residing in rural areas of India where employment opportunities are less as compared to urban areas. You must go through this article and check complete details like its advantages or disadvantages etc.
Employment Guarantee Schemes in India
Employment Guarantee Scheme Advantages
The enhancement of livelihood security of the households in rural areas of the country by providing at least one hundred days of guaranteed wage employment in every financial year to every household.
- Creation of durable assets and strengthening livelihood resource base of the rural poor.
- Social safety net for the vulnerable groups by providing a fall-back employment
- Growth engine for sustainable development of an agricultural economy
- To strengthen the natural resource base of rural livelihood and create durable assets in rural areas.
- Empowerment of rural poor through the processes of a rights-based law.
- To promote transparent and accountable grassroots democracy and development.
- To reduce distress migration Women’s empowerment
- All states of India comes under this scheme and the Ministry of Rural Development, MRD, Government of India ensures that the policy is implemented well in all states with the support of state governments. Any other work related to this scheme may be notified by the Central Government in consultation with the State Government.
Check Here: Private Jobs Vs Government Jobs
Impact of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in India
- Reduction in indebtedness (due to lean season employment) / distress migration
- Dependence on and exploitation by landlords/moneylenders decreased
- Bargaining power of the worker has increased
- Financial inclusion (90.8) million (9.88 crore) bank and post office accountshave been opened.
- A large number of small, medium and poor households are direct beneficiariesof the development of their land and irrigation facilities on their land
- Provided employment to women, destitute, old and even physically challenged(labour market is discriminatory to them)
It is an Indian labor law and social security measure that intends to guarantee the 'right to work' and it is recognized as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), also known as National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. This scheme also has various features and some of them are listed below.
- Right to work a legal guarantee
- Demand driven (previous programmes supply driven)
- Entitlement to Minimum wages, Unemployment allowance
- Compensation due to delayed wage payment
- Four facilities at worksite such as first aid, drinking water, shelter and crèche for children below six years
- Priority to women workers and wage work
- Funded by the Federal Government
- Decentralized planning and execution
- Civil society oriented and three tier grievance redressal mechanisms
Also Check: MGNREGA Recruitment
These activities or work covered by National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, NREGS guarantees one hundred days of employment to all elder people of a rural family involving unskilled or manual work providing wages of 120/- per day. The employment is provided in areas ranging up to 5 kms., and extra wage is given if it is more than 5 kms.
Please See to: Get other Details!
One who want to avail the benefits of Employment Guarantee Schemes in India, they must apply for it.The major beneficiaries of this schemes are BPL, SC, ST and Women, landless and Casual and labour, Poverty is concentrated among the above groups. If you want to ask something about this scheme then you may leave their comment in below stated comment box. Our team member of www.privatejobshub.in will provide its better solution as soon as possible. All the best for your future jobs and Thank you for visiting us…
Links Related to Employment