MBA Interview Preparation Tips | Questions And Answers For Freshers/Exp
MBA Interview Preparation Tips
MBA admissions process can be a demoralizing prospect. So here on this page we are providing you some MBA Interview Preparation Tips which are beneficial for you. To take admission in MBA Programme students need to clear numerous tests and interviews. The Personal Interview is a vital step in the admissions process and should not be taken lightly. On this Page we have also providing you some Questions and Answers for Freshers and Experience candidates which will help in your Interview Procedure. So have a look on entire page.
A Personal Interview is aimed to knowing a candidate more closely. Main Purpose of Interview is to assess thinking process of Candidate and to check whether he is fit with the B-school or not. Admission Committee of a B-School evaluate your interpersonal and Communication Skills. Because having a good score in Entrance Exam like Cat, MAT etc. is still not enough if you are not able to perform well in the interview round held by many top class colleges for giving admission in MBA. So here on this page you will get complete information. Have a look this entire page………
Personal Interview is a chance for the business school to question you about your application, your autobiographical sketch or entrance test scores. Your interviewer wants to listen and want to judge that which type of person you are and how well you respond and communicate. Your interview is your chance to persuade the admission committee that you are up to the challenge you are expected to face in future.
The interview is very significant, and unlike other admission requirements, it cannot be written and is your one and single chance to make a good impression. We have providing you some Interview Tips which will be beneficial for you…
Do your research: You should be able to tell your story about why you’re interested in an MBA. Generally Admission Committee will ask u that why you want to take admission in this college. So, you must be preparing for it and you must be known about the college in which you are going to take admission.
Practice with Your Friend: If you have a friend who is also preparing for an interview, think preparing jointly. Not only will this give you a way to make up your preparation, but it will also help you get relaxed with giving answers, telling anecdotes, and using suitable expressions.
Dress to impress: This also seems observable, but sometimes candidates arrive for their interview dressed too casually. First impressions matter, because we all know First Impression is the Last Impression, so treat the admissions interview as you would go for a job interview. Whether you’re interviewing with an admissions committee member, a current student, be sure your attire is business professional.
Keep it real: However, it is important to know what your strengths and weakness are, the type of career you’re seeking, and how you think an MBA will help in your Future. So, think all this before going to Interview.
Be thoughtful: Never ask questions that aren’t useful to you. Use this time to showcase your genuine interest in and knowledge of the program by asking specific questions about program experiences and culture.
Interview DOs and DON'Ts
- Dress suitably for the institute.
- Arrive before time, at least 10 minutes prior to the interview start time.
- Offer a firm handshake, make eye contact, and have a friendly expression when you are greeted by your interviewer.
- Wait until you are offered a chair before sitting. Sit upright and always look alert and interested. Be a good listener as well as a good talker.
- Maintain good eye contact during the interview with Interviewer.
- Ask for explanation if you don't understand a question.
- Be honest and be yourself. Dishonesty gets discovered and is grounds for moving back admission offers and for rejection. You want a good match between yourself and your future college.
- Treat the interview seriously and as though you are truly interested in the institute and the opportunity presented for you.
- Don't make negative comments about previous professors or any institute in Front of your Interviewer.
- Don't give the impression that you are only interested in the institute because of its geographic location.
- Admission in a good institute can be hard work and involve frustrations. It is not an easy task so don't show frustrations or a negative attitude in an interview.
- Don't chew gum or smell like smoke at the time of Interview.
- Don't allow your cell phone to sound during the interview. (If it does, apologize quickly and ignore it.) Don’t attend any call during the Interview.
- Don't treat the interview casually, as if you are attending the interview for practice. This is an insult of the interviewer and also for the institute.
Tips for Answering Interview Questions:
- Keep your answers short, but informative
- Avoid sounding self-centered
- Don't reveal insecurities
- Watch your Voice
- Listen carefully to the interviewer, no matter how nervous you are
- Listen First then Give Answers
Questions And Answers For Freshers/Experienced
You will get some idea after reading the below mentioned question and Answers. So, here we are going to discuss some of the most frequently asked questions by the interviewer as:
Q1- Tell me something about yourself?
Ans- I am a person with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with people. I enjoy challenges and looking for creative solutions to problems.
Q2- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Ans- I see myself as a _______ in your esteemed organization whereby with all my enhanced learning and skill, I shall be able to make up a valuable and meaningful contribution to your organization.
Q3- Is there anything else that we should know about you that would impact our decision?
Ans- I am a continuous learner and try to keep myself abreast of all developments in the field of IT. Also since I do not quit in the face of toughest challenges, I am certain that I would be able to achieve the targets that I set for myself and beyond.
Q4- Do you know the purpose for your being there? Why MBA?
Ans- As I am Interested in the Field of Management and going to a corporate world. I know MBA is my first step towards the Growth.
Q5-What have you learnt from your failures?
Ans- From my failures I have learnt to analyze myself and find out my shortcomings. Those shortcomings are the areas of future improvement for me and I have undertaken seriously to improve myself on those relevant areas. One more thing I learned is never to give up, never to feel rejected.
Q6- Are you a team player?
Ans- Yes of course, I am a team player. Be sure to have examples ready. Specifics that show you often perform for the good of the team rather than for yourself is good evidence of your team attitude. Do not brag; just say it in a matter-of-fact tone? This is a key point.
Q7- Why should we admit you?
Ans- Talk about your academic and professional accomplishments and how they make you an ideal fit for the program. Then discuss how this specific program will help you achieve your career goals.
Q8- What do you know about this organization?
Ans- This question is one reason to do some research on the organization before the interview. Find out where they have been and where they are going.
Q9- How do you think you conducted or performed during this interview?
Ans- I think I have conducted myself in the best possible manner by satisfying your queries through my specific answers which I feel were logical, systematic and to the point. Through my answer my true worth as a dynamic and competent professional has come out fair and square and I am happy with my performance which would ensure my selection in this esteemed organization.
Q10- Do you have any questions to ask us?
Ans- Sir, I would like to have my feedback, so that I can analyze and improve my strengths and rectify my shortcomings.
So from above stated information, you can prepare yourself for interview session and if you follow above said steps, you will crack an Interview for sure. So if you want to get any latest updates you can subscribe our free email services directly in your email inbox.
Have a Look On Below Links