How To Become An IAS Officer After 10th/12th/Graduation – Simple Steps
How To Become An IAS Officer
How To Become An IAS Officer: Want To Know How To Become An IAS Officer After 10th/12th/Graduation? If yes, then get instant answers to your queries from here and follow below listed simple steps to become an IAS Officer.
Indian Administrative Service is one of the esteemed services among the Twenty Four services like IPS, IFS, and IRS etc. candidates must make a proper study plan and strategies if they wish to qualify the exam with minimum qualifying exam.
Check Here Some Simple Steps for How To Become An IAS Officer?
To become an Indian Administrative Service Officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Service Exam which is organized by Union Public Service Commission. Get the step by step guidelines and preparation tips for How to Become an IAS Officer from this portal.
By reading this article of www.privatejobshub.in, you will get knowledge regarding How to Become an IAS Officer? What is the qualification of IAS? What is the age limit for IAS? How many times we can give IAS exam? And what is the full meaning of IAS? Etc.
Know monthly pay scale: IAS Officer Salary
How to Become an IAS Officer
How to Become an IAS Officer After 10th:
Those, who want to become an Indian Administrative Officer, they must note that after 10th standard, you are not applicable for IAS exam. So, first of all, you need to complete minimum educational qualification to apply for IAS Officer Posts.
Read Out Success Stories: IAS Success Stories
How to Become an IAS Officer After 12th
Is It Possible to become an IAS Officer After 12th? No, it is not possible to become an IAS Officer right after completing 12th standard. Hence, you’re required to complete your Graduation first then apply for Civil Services Examination.
How to Become an IAS Officer After Graduation
In order to apply for UPSC IAS Exam, Applicants must have Graduation degree in any field. To become an Indian Administrative Officer, Candidates have to qualify the preliminary, mains and interview.
According to UPSC Calendar, IAS Exam will be held on 02.06.2019. Commission has all set to release IAS Exam Notification on 19-02-2019. The deadline to fill & submit IAS Application Form For UPSC CSE Exam is 18-03-2019.
How To Become An IAS officer Step By Step Procedure
Step 1: Ensure Their Eligibility:
- Firstly candidates have to ensure their eligibility i.e. Applicants who wish to become IAS official are needed to acquire graduation in any discipline from a UGC identified university.
- Bachelor's level is the minimum certification needed to require applying for the civil service examination.
- There is no minimum percentage is needed to be qualified to this examination.
- Final year applicants are also qualified to apply for this examination.
- Age limitations of the contenders should be liable in between 21 to 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
Check Here: IAS Eligibility Criteria
Step 2: Qualify the Civil Service Exam
Step 2: Qualify the Civil Service Exam
The all India combined competitive examination for Civil Service comprises of three stages. They are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
This exam consists of two portions as General Studies and Optional Subjects
For General studies
- Consider the book on the topics of current affairs like pratiyogita darpan, competition success. Questions from the current topic are made relatively in the same manner.
- Books on civics, history and economics from class 11th and 12th of N.C.E.R.T. should be read as they contain the main knowledge of this portion.
- Read as many books as possible on general knowledge such as History of Modern India, India’s Struggle for Independence, Facets of Indian Culture etc and tries to solve the questions given in them without any help.
- You can also read newspapers and watch news daily to remain updated.
For optional Subjects
- Optional subjects contain the portion of the subjects that you had done your graduation in.
- A selected syllabus is provided separately for this portion, so accordingly prepare the part of your previous studies rather than going through every topic of the books.
- Some might presume this portion to be the most important one but it is not so, general studies should be given more time as you already are familiar with this portion due to your academic qualifications.
Read Out: How to Prepare for IAS Prelims
Preparation Tips for the Mains
Candidates must make sure that the preparation of the exam must be started with the help of the given syllabus. Preparation from the syllabus and exam pattern will help the candidates to know the weightage of the number of questions. After completing the entire syllabus as students must practice from the previous year question papers and sample papers. This will enable the aspirants to maintain their speed.
A regular practice of the questions from the sample papers can help the candidates to crack the competitive exam with minimum qualifying the mains exam. Qualified candidates in the mains exam will be able to appear in the personal interview. Tips for the interview are explained downwards. You may have a glance!!!
Get Here: IAS Study Material
Interview Preparation Tips:
- Candidates must wear formal clothes while going to appear in the interview. Avoid wearing fancy clothes as it can distract the attention of the board members towards your clothes.
- More than your knowledge, your personality, your traits, your ability to work under pressure, to handle a tricky situation etc is assessed by the interviewer. So in case you must not lose your confidence if you are not able to answer because they don’t test your knowledge rather they test your confidence level to answer the questions.
- You must prepare yourself to answer the tricky questions. To answer such kind of questions you require presence of mind.
- Always remember that you should have a good body language, poor body language can be a distraction at best or a reason not to hire you at worst. Smiling face, eye contact, solid posture, active listening, and nodding are some parts of Effective forms of body language.
- Remember to arrive on time for interview and be Authentic, cheerful, Focused, Confident, sincere, and Concise.
Read Out Here: IAS Interview Questions and Answers
- Notes and books: The General Studies in the IAS Officer Exam is of the 12th level. All the topics you have learnt earlier in your class 12th will be really helpful to you.
- Develop Interest: Try to take interest in all the subjects. You will be able to study more proficiently.
- Share: Share the notes with your friends. If you are form any other stream then you can borrow the notes from your friends for the better preparation of the exam.
- Diversify: it is essential for you to have knowledge of all the subjects like science and social science. Make a habit of reading NCERT books from 6th class onwards if you want to become an IAS Officer.
- Friends: Try to make a group in which you can study. Be in touch with the seniors who can guide you regarding the exams and give some tips.
- Study: You must be in a habit of regular studies as most of the students have fun in the college and study only at the time of examination. Make sure that you should focus on your studies.
- Newspaper: Develop a habit of reading the newspaper daily as most of the students face problems in the exam regarding the current affairs.
- Understand the exam: You must solve the previous year question papers and try to understand what type of questions is asked in the exam.
Get In Detail: IAS Preparation Tips
The above provided information regarding How to Become an IAS Officer will satisfy you and you will be able to prepare well for the exams. In arrange to save precious time and efforts, people must look quality guidance from the Best IAS Institute.
Preparing for Civil Service Exam doesn’t mean that you have to give up all your hobbies, make sure to stay abreast your hobbies as it will make your preparation more fun. Finally, All the best for all the students who are going to appear in the exam! Hope that these tips will help you to crack IAS exam easily.
To enquire about How to Become an IAS Officer, you may write us the below given comment box. Thank You For visiting us.
Check below Links