Career In Hotel Management (After 12th/Graduation) – Courses, Salary
Career In Hotel Management
Hotel Management is one of the top fields which is providing numerous job opportunities to the young generation with a satisfying salary. If you are thinking to make career in Hotel Management there are many courses which can be pursued not only after graduation but also after 12th.
Here we have come up with some requirements of skills and education needed by a student for starting their career in Hotel Management. The biggest benefit in this filed is that you have a relative job security which can be provided by the placements through a best institute you have gone for.
Career In Hotel Management
- Hotel managers are required to have at least a high school certificate. Though, some hotels hire managers with a HSC qualification and years of experience working in the field. But still mostly employers prefer to hire those with at least a bachelor's degree.
- Some smaller establishments that may not provide an extensive list of services may also consider applicants who have obtained an associate degree, or a certificate in hotel operations or management.
Hotel managers must have a good communication and interpersonal skills, must be self-discipline, bit of a co-operative, polite nature and respectful to the guests…….
How can you proceed to get enrolled in related institute?
- One has to follow below listed few steps to get admission in any reputed college of hotel management;
- A form of admission has to be filled which is available by each and every university having this course.
- Application form of entrance will lead a person to sit in entrance exam for the course.
- The course exam has a minimum percentage requirement that if cleared a user has to go through the interview for next step of the procedure.
- This interview is judged by team of highly experienced people of this field who judge your personality and on its basis the admission is provided.
Qualifications Required after 12th for HM:
Those students who are thinking to opt Hotel Management after their 12th, must have qualified with minimum 50% of aggregate marks through any stream whether Science/Commerce/Arts.
Moreover, apart of such qualifications they should have excellent communication skills, good command in speaking English. Those students, who have a good hand in English spoken, mostly are preferred by best colleges/universities.
Scope in HM after 12th:
After completing their 12th, students can go for degree courses, diploma courses or certificate courses. Degree courses are of 3 years duration whereas diploma and certificate courses take 6 to 15 months. Some of the degree, diploma and certificate courses are mentioned below:
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- BBA – Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Lateral Entry)
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma – Bakery and Confectionery
- Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management (GDHM)
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gurdaspur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Guwahati
Courses in HM after Graduation:
Here are some courses mentioned below which are perfect to go for after graduation for Hotel Management career:
- MBA in Hotel Management
- P.G. Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- PGD in Hotel Management Catering & Tourism Technology (PGDHMCTT)
- M.Sc. – Food Service Management and Dietetics
Hotel and Hospitality Industry, Career in Hotel Management is actually a booming option. Graduates skilled one will be able to get managerial roles in Five ***** star as well as popular Hotel and Resorts. Salary in case of Fresher’s salary package of wages may vary between 2-5 Lakh Rupees as bases on per year.
Find Here: Highest Paying Jobs In India
Scope/Career and Job Opportunities:
If you’re looking for scope and Job Opportunities in hotel management than adopt it, it’s a good decision. But choose best institute as this will increase employment chance more than is generally institute.
The girls, who are interested in field of hospitality, can also go for air-hostess courses. Yes! And after successful completion with the course studying, there are various job opportunities for the student to be a member of big hotels group such as few listed below;
Check Out: 10 Benefits of Working in Private Sector
Some of the leading hotels chains in India are as follows:
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Peerless Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
- Best Western Group of Hotels
- Casino Group of Hotels
- Clarks Group of Hotels
- ITDC Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Tulip Star Group of Hotels
- Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels
- Holiday Inn Group of Hotels
- ITC Group of Hotels
Experience in hotel management field is great as comparison to other profession. Yes!! Ad being within a hotel industry it involves various acts like management food one, and drink service, housekeeping, marketing, accounting, etc. Today, the rise in corporate activity as well as the wish to travel on holiday has made the hotel industry a very competitive one.
So, give a height to you career path to launch a big platform for you to enhance career. We wish you ‘Good Luck’…
Have A Look On Below Links