Career In Social Work - Courses After 12th/Graduation, Salary, Scope
Career In Social Work
Career In Social Work: Social work is a specialized & academic discipline of arts & humanities that hunts to help the welfare of communities, Societies and person. Those who are interested to help poor people and helpless person they can make their Career In Social Work.
The main objective of Social Work is to help people by developing their skills and their ability to use their own resources and those of community to determine problems. To begin a career in Social Work, you must need 12th Certificate / Graduation Degree in this field.
Career In Social Work In India!!!
In India, many colleges and universities provide Graduate Course after 12th and Master Courses in this field. Many universities / colleges also provide research in this field. There are various specializations in Social work education.
The main prerequisite for people in this field is dedication of work. Just scroll down this page of www.privatejobshub.in to know more about regarding Career In Social Work. Must have a look below!!!
Career In Social Work
Social Work Courses Offered / Eligibility:
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW):
- Bachelor of Social Work is a three-year duration courses. Applicants after passing 12th from any recognized institution are eligible to apply.
- You can pursue Bachelor of Social Work, as a full-time, distance or through correspondence. After pursuing this course you can opt for MSW Course.
Master of Social Work (MSW) or MA in Social Work: It is a Postgraduate Academic Degree with the duration of two academic years consists of four semesters.
- Applicants who hold a graduate degree in Social Work can apply for this course.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Arts, Science, commerce or management are also eligible to apply.
- Master Degree (MSW) Specializations:
- Human Resource Management
- Personnel Management
- Criminology & Correction Administration
- Family & Child Welfare
- Urban and Rural Community Development
- Industrial Relation & Labour Welfare
- Ph.D in Social Work: Ph.D in Social Work is a two-year duration course. Candidates who have a master’s degree in social work are eligible to apply.
- Some universities offer admissions to those students who have scored above than 50% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
Certificate and Diploma Courses
- Certificate in Social Work
- Certificate in Rehabilitation Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Social Welfare Administration
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social Welfare Administration
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methodology
- Diploma in Personnel Management
- Diploma in Hospital Administration
Career In Social Work After 12th / Graduation:
Career In Social Work After 12th:
- Social workers provide a wide range of services at federal, state and local levels. Applicants can work with populations from Childs to the elderly and may serve up diverse cultural groups.
- Applicants can also make their Career In Social Work After 12th by applying for Bachelor of Social Work. It is a three-year duration courses.
- Graduate Degree typically makes you for direct service positions such as caseworkers or mental health assistants.
- Applicants can pursue this course, as a full-time, distance or through correspondence.
Career In Social Work After Graduation:
After completion the Graduation in Social Work you can work as below provided designation. There are many positions which are obtained as a social worker which are as follows: Applicants can see how you can fulfill these Posts in a Course or in a social organization according to your interest and qualification.
- Outreach Staff
- Project Managers
- Social Worker
- Labour Welfare Specialist
- Social Security Officer
- Criminology Specialist
- Counsellor Auditors, Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
- Program Evaluators, Program Officers
- Team Leaders, Professional Consultants, etc
Scope of Social Work:
The working area of social workers is very vast now days; they work with population from newly born to elderly people. Social Workers serve their services to individual, families and communities. Applicants can work where the need of child and family social worker is required.
Job Opportunities In Social Work is vast. As a Social Worker you can work in different areas like Hospitals, Clinics, Health Industry, Education Sector, NGO’s, Human Rights Agencies, Old Age Homes, Disaster Management Departments, etc.
Want to Know? 5 Ways to Keep Yourself Updated
Career In Social Work Salary:
- Social Work Salary in India is quite impressive.
- In India, the average salary of a Social Worker can be expected between Rs 2 to 3 Lakhs per annum.
- With more experience and responsibilities you can expect a really good salary package.
- In the USA, the average salary of a Social worker is above $42k per annum and it can also be increased depending upon the education, experience, working area, etc.
- The more you practice as a Social Worker, more salaries you will earn.
Social Workers help people of all ages and improve their health and well-being. There are many examples in history, which shows the origin of practice and profession of social work. If applicants have any query regarding Career In Social Work, then drop the comment in below provided comment box.
Have A Look On Below Links