Career In Petroleum Engineering – Job Profile, Opportunities, Remuneration
Career In Petroleum Engineering
Contenders, those who want to make their Career in Petroleum Engineering must have entire knowledge about the respective profession like courses for Petroleum Engineering, best institutes, job profile, opportunities, remuneration and others.
Demand of a Petroleum Engineer is always high in India as well in Foreign Countries. An individual with relevant degree can easily get a job in best reputed companies. And time to time with experience, they will surely get a hike in their pay scale.
Duty of a Petroleum Engineer:
The role of a Petroleum Engineer is to develop techniques that can be used for enhancing oil recovery and design technologies to recover the hydrocarbons. And they have made sure that oilfield equipment is working correctly or not.
We the team of www.privatejobshub.in is providing you the entire details about Petroleum Engineer like job profile/ duty, salary package, list of private and government organizations and how can you make Career in Petroleum Engineering.
Career in Petroleum Engineering
Individuals those who want to join Public/ Private sector should have respective degree in relative field. A person with respective degree will not face any difficulty to get recruited in any reputed organization.
Petroleum Engineering Courses:
Under Graduate Courses- 4 Years
- B.E./B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Applied Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech in Petroleum Refinery Engineering
- B.Tech in Petroleum Reservoir and Production Engineering
Post Graduate Courses- 2 Years
- M.E./M.Tech in Petroleum Exploration
- M.Tech Petroleum Refinery Engineering
- M.Tech in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Engineering
- M.Tech + B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering – 5 Years Duration (Dual Degree)
Institutes for Petroleum Engineering in India:
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Vishakapatnam
- Sri Vatsavai Krishmraju College Of Engineering and Technology, Bhimavaram
- Sasi Institute of Technology and Engineering (SITE), West Godavari
- Presidency University: School of Engineering, Bangalore
- Anna University, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Guwahati), Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Madras), Chennai
- J C T College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
- Dhaanish Ahmed College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
- Laxminarayan Institute of Technology (LIT), Nagpur
- School of Petroleum Technology, Gandhinagar
- DIT University, Dehradun
- Dibrugarh University: Institute of Engineering and Technology (DUIET), Dibrugarh
Petroleum Engineering Career in Government Sector:
There are lots of opportunities for a Petroleum Engineer in Government Sector; some most reputed public organizations recruit skilled contenders for vacant posts.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Essar Oil
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd (HOEC)
Petroleum Engineering Career in Private Sector:
Some private companies like IBM India Pvt Ltd, Egress Inc, BITS Pilani and many others release job notifications for the post of Petroleum Engineer time to time.
- IBM India Private Ltd.
- Egress Inc
- Sunline Greensystem Private Limited
- BITS Pilani
- Nauvata Engineering Pvt.Ltd.
- NPCC Engineering Pvt Ltd
Job Titles in Petroleum Engineering:
- Drilling Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Chief Petroleum Engineer
- Offshore Drilling Engineer
- Reservoir Engineer
Role of Petroleum Engineer:
Job of a Petroleum Engineer is not an easy task; they have to develop the equipments which are generally used for extracting oil and gas from the earth.
They develop techniques that can be used for enhancing oil recovery and design technologies to recover the hydrocarbons. Along with this, they have responsibility to make sure that oilfield equipment is working correctly or not.
Top College Updates
Salary of a Petroleum Engineer:
Contenders who have done graduation/ post graduation degree and have some years of experience in relative field can easily get a healthy package of Rs. 4.2 lacs to Rs. 8.4 lacs per annum.
Check Out: 10 Benefits of Working in Private Sector
Enter a World of Choices and Challenges:
Petroleum engineering isn’t just one job. It inherits different specialties, each with its own unique challenges and rewards. If we see the significance of petrol, oil and gas in our daily life, there is an enormous requirement of efficient petroleum engineers. Petroleum engineers are usually hired in the areas where the availability of oil and gas is the highest.
Career opportunities are quite attractive in the sector of petroleum engineering and most of the industries/firms in this field offer an impressive pay scale for the professionals. The requirement for petroleum and its relevant products is ever on the increase and this is anticipated to create more and more Career prospectus in this field.
Learn Here: 10 Tips Which Make You Successful
Scope of Petroleum Engineering:
Petroleum Engineering is one of the infrequent branches of Engineering which focus the attention of today’s youth. Due to the ever increasing demand of safe sources of energy, it is worth to gain a degree in this field.
It is seemed as a course which is in great demand among many students. Petroleum Engineers works in fields of oil and natural gas production and extraction industries. The demand for this course is very high in India as well as abroad.
Learn Here: How to Apply For Student Visa in 2018
If you find the above information about Career in Petroleum Engineering helpful then you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl.+D. Stay tuned with us or follows us social media to get latest updates on careers, education and recruitment.
Get High Salary Sector Jobs: