Republic Day Celebration In India | 26 January 2018 Parade, Quotes, Significance
Republic Day Celebration
Republic Day Celebration In India: It’s the time to celebrate the 69th Republic Day of our country!!! Every year on 26th January Republic Day Celebration In India is organized by the Indian Government in the New Delhi at the Rajpath in the presence of the President of India.
This national festival is celebrated to honour the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect in 1950. The highlight of this day is the parade that takes place at the India Gate. You can move to the below section and check the significance and Quotes for Republic Day.
On this day military parades, exhibiting military equipments, salute to the national flag by the Indian president and varieties of events take place. Parade concludes with a "fly past" by the Indian Air Force, which involves fighter planes of flying past the dais, symbolically saluting the president.
You all are suggested go through this page to get complete details about this precious event Republic Day Celebration In India through which is created by the team of privatejobshub.in
Republic Day Celebration
Republic Day Chief Guest 2018:
It is a matter of pride for all the Indians that on 26 January great leaders of 10 nations of the world as a unit are arriving as guests for the celebration of Republic Day. This was said by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2017's last edition of his monthly radio programme "Mann ki Baat".
As said by the Prime Minister, January 26 is a historic festival for all Indians but “January 26, 2018 will especially be remembered by the people through the ages.”
Celebration of this Republic Day will be done with the leaders of all 10 (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) ASEAN countries. This Republic Day will not be celebrated with one but with 10 chief guests and this is going to be unprecedented in India's history.
Below is the list of names of Chief Guests and their Nations. You can have a glance!!!!
- Sultan and incumbent Prime Minister Hassanal Bolkiah – Brunei
- Prime Minister Hun Sen – Cambodia
- President Joko Widodo – Indonesia
- Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith – Laos
- Prime Minister Najib Razak – Malaysia
- President Htin Kyaw – Myanmar
- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte – Philippines
- President Halimah Yacob – Singapore
- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha – Thailand
- Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc – Vietnam
What is special on Republic Day of India, 2018?
- Republic Day will be celebrated in the presence of governors of state.
- This year India is going to celebrate its Republic Day 2018 with the listed above 10 great leaders of 10 Asean countries (Association of South East Asian Nations). It would be an honor and grace for the Indians that 10 chief guests would grace the Republic Day of India.
- This day is very special as Southeast Asian bloc completed its 50 years of formation (created on 8 August 1967) and India completed its 25 years of partnership (started in 1992) with the grouping in 2017.
- First time it is happening in India that ASEAN Flags will be displayed through fly in the sky over Rajpath and one of the floats will show “All India Radio” to display Prime Minister’s monthly address “Mann Ki Baat”.
- There will be motorcycle stunts such as pyramid, shaktiman, fish riding, seema prahari, bull fighting, etc. performance given by 113 BSF women.
- Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Vikrant will be displayed by the Indian Navy which is going to be commissioned in 2020.
- The Defence Development and Research Organization is going to display “Nirbhay missile” and the “Ashwini radar system” and “Airborne Early Warning and Control System (Netra) will be seen flying over the Rajpath.
- School students of Delhi are going to represent Indo-ASEAN ties in their performance.
- Around 700 students other than Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy are going to perform in the parade.
- A float by Punjab is going to represent love for humanity under the theme “Sangat and Pangat” (Sangat means communal harmony; Pangat means community kitchen)
- Kathak and other folk dances of the countries namely Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, etc will be displayed.
- Also 61 tribal guests are invited to participate in the celebration of this special day.
- 100-odd government agencies are also preparing for the Republic Day parade 2018.
Events & Parade on Republic Day Celebration In India:
- The Event starts with India's prime minister laying a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate, to remember soldiers who sacrificed their lives for their country.
- President of India takes the military salute during the parade in New Delhi while state governors take the military salutes in state capitals.
- On Republic Day a foreign head of state is the president's chief guest.
- Awards and medals of bravery are given to the people from the armed forces and also to civilians.
- During the parade Indian Army helicopters fly on the parade area and shower the rose petals on the audience.
- School children also participate in the parade by dancing and singing patriotic songs.
- Armed Forces personnel also showcase motorcycle rides.
- The parade concludes with a "fly past" by the Indian Air Force, which involves fighter planes of flying past the dais, symbolically saluting the president.
- These leave trails of smoke in the colors of the Indian flag.
- There are many national and local cultural programs focusing on the history and culture of India.
- Children have a special place in these programs.
- Many children receive gifts of sweets or small toys.
- Prime Minters rally also takes place around this time of the year, as well as the Lok Tarang – National Folk Dance Festival.
Republic Day Celebration Across The Country:
Republic day celebration is a huge national event celebration in India especially for students in the schools, colleges and other educational institutions. Cultural programs presented by school children are also major fascination of the Republic Day celebration making it more exciting. Many people throughout India enjoy the nation's Republic Day
National Holiday on Republic Day:
There are three national holiday in India and 26th January is one of them. The rest two are Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti.
Also Read: National Current Affairs
Importance of Republic Day:
The Republic Day of India commemorates the date on which the Constitution of India came into force replacing the Government of India Act 1935 as the governing document of India on 26 January 1950.
The date 26 January was chosen to honour the memory of the declaration of independence of 1930. It is one of the three national holidays in India, and while the main parade, Republic Day Parade takes place at the Rajpath, in the national capital New Delhi, where the President views the parade, state capitals also have their state celebrations.
Let Us Pray For
The Prosperity and Unity of Our Country
On this Republic Day
As We Remember Those Who Fought
to Give Us the Freedom
May You Have Enough Happiness
To Make You Sweet,
Enough Trials To Make You Strong,
Enough Sorrow To Keep You Human And
Enough Hope To Bring Joy To Our Nation.
Happy Republic Day!
The Far We Have As A Nation,
The Endless Problems,
And The Struggle For Justice,
Freedom And Equal Rights
For Every Patriot Calls For Love,
Peace And Unity Among The Citizens Of This Nation.
Happy Republic Day!
Waking Up Every Day In A Peaceful Nation
Is Not As Easy As It May Seem To Be
We All Need To Be Proud Of
The Peaceful Atmosphere In Our Nation.
Happy Republic Nation!
Reunite On This Republic Day
To Celebrate the Victory of Our Freedom Fighters
and Rejoice in the Sacrifices
That Made It Possible On This Republic Day,
Let Us Unite In the Chant Vande Mataram
and Let the Glory of Our Land
and the Spirit of India Live Forever
You can visit the entire above page which is created by the team of www.privatejobshub.in for the required material. We wish you a very Happy Republic Day 2018.
Have a Look on Below Links: