Pharmacist Career Options - Courses, Salary, Admission, Scope In India
Pharmacist Career Options
Pharmacist Career Options: If you are here on this page that means you must be looking for Pharmacist Career Options, Pharmacist Courses, Salary, Admission criteria etc.Pharmacist is a healthcare professional practicing in the pharmacy on protected and efficient drug use in the field of health science. Pharmacy, as a Career Optionis a great choice.
A pharmacist is a member of the health care team who is directly related to patient care. Scope of Pharmacy is wide in India and various Pharmacist Career Options are available like Clinical research associate, Higher education lecturer, Medical sales representative, Pharmacologist and many more. Pharmacist is also known as Chemist (Commonwealth English) or druggists (North American and Antiquity, Commonwealth of English).
Something about Pharmacy:
‘Pharmacy’ is not only about filling medicinal instructions but also about promoting physical condition consciousness and thus contributes for betterment of the community. A pharmacy handles many tasks at clinic, doctor's office or at hospital. Taking up decision as career in pharmacy will form the rest of your life, so it's quite important to know the scope of your chosen profession before going on it.
There are several natives who want to become a part in pharmacy. For such people we have written this article listed up some information on the subject and this will help you make a clued-up resolution. The pharmacy technician works only under the direction of an approved and certified pharmacist only. He / She deals with providing and administrating the medications to the patients and also prepares approved medications according to the patient.
Pharmacist Career Options
- Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) – 2 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Lateral Entry – 3 years
- Pharm (Hons.) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Ayurveda) – 4 years
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) – 2 years
- Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate) – 3 years
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) – 6 years
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences – 3 years
Start Now- Pharmacist Online Exam
Individuals who desire to become pharmacists require a (Pharm. D.) degree. Students must complete a pre-professional course of two years and includes scientific courses in biology, anatomy, chemistry, physics and physiology.
Know Here: 5 Common Mistake Students Makes In Exam
The job career of a pharmacy technician expands further than portion as a licensed pharmacist. The technicians are taking on more tasks as they handle consumer service issues and deal with patients, medical experts and also many other insurance companies.
Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
Pharmaceutical Marketing Management
Phytopharmaceuticals and Natural products
Drug Discovery and Development
Drug Regulatory Affairs
Read Here: Top 10 Steps For Better Career Planning
Pharmacist Admission Criteria:
Various colleges provide admission in Pharmacy through entrance exam andmost of the states regulate its own entrance exam for granting Pharmacist admission. Candidates who want to get Admission into postgraduate pharmacy must know that it will be done through Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). Get some state level entrance exams for pharmacy courses:
- TS EAMCET (Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Entrance Test)
- AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Entrance Test)
- AP PGECET (Andhra Pradesh Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test)
- MH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
- UKSEE (Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam)
- Delhi CET (Delhi Common Entrance Test)
- BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test)
- WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination)
Pharmacist Job options
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Community pharmacist
- Hospital pharmacist
- Research scientist (medical)
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Clinical research associate
- Higher education lecturer
- Medical sales representative
- Product/process development scientist
- Regulatory affairs officer
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Science writer
The demand for pharmacy technicians is rising in recent position. According to figures stated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics there are nearby 285,000 technicians. And still the number seems to be increasing day by day.
How to Get Started In This Career?
There are several selected private technical institutes and societies which provide certificates and training programs. Potential employers will regularly verify that whether an applicant has got the certificates, training and also internship with one of the hospitals, pharmacies or a clinic.
Scope for Diploma Students
- society Pharmacy, retail medical shops
- Wholesale pharmacy (seller of medicine)
- Pharmacist in Hospital
- Lab technician in any degree schooling institutes
- Easily got direct admission to B. Pham second year.
- work as Medical representative for medication Company
- Job as Production assistant in
Also Check- Best Pharmacy Colleges
In pharmacy occupation, one can also start work as industrial pharmacists. These pharmacists are concerned in independent exploring work. Their job also includes management and supervision of the production process, marketing and control of drugs. Research pharmacists, as the name suggests are engaged in research activities in pharmaceutical firms, research organizations and laboratories.
As we all know that pay package depends upon the qualification, location as well as the experience and knowledge/ skills of the candidate. In India, the starting salary of a pharmacy graduates ranges from Rs. 15000/- to Rs. 25,000 a month.
The average salary for a Pharmacist is Rs 201,945 per year. In US, the Pharmacist Salary would be in the range of USD $40,000 and USD $120,000 annually after one year of experience.
Must Know- Medical As a Career Option
Students of B.Pharm, M.Pharm and Phd can come across making a career in this field. There are plenty pharmacy jobs within the central and state governmental departments too. A diploma holder in this field can also get good jobs as medical representative.
Pharmacist Books & Study Materials
- Pharmacy Practice by David A. Holdford, Thomas R. Brown
- Clinical Pharmacy: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment by Paul Rutter
- Drug Store and Business Management by V.N. Raje
- Introduction to General Pharmacy by Gaurav Agarwal
- Physical Pharmacy by S.P. Agarwal, Rajesh Khanna
- Introduction to Pharmaceutical Calculations by Judith A. Rees, Ian Smith, Jennie Watson
We hope that above given details of Pharmacist Career Options, scope, salary etc will helps you to choose best option for your future. To get updated information about recruitmentsresult, answer key etc by visiting this page on regular basis.
Contenders can also bookmark this page of www.privatejobshub.in by using CTRL+D or follow us on Facebook and Google plus to collect updated information direct to your timeline. For more query and details regarding Pharmacist Career Options, you can write your comment in the mentioned given comment box.
Have a look on Below Links: