IES Eligibility Criteria 2018 IES/ESE Engineering Services Age, Education
IES Eligibility Criteria
IES Eligibility Criteria 2018: Applicants who want to apply for Indian Engineering Services Exam; they may check IES Eligibility Criteria from this page!! Union Public Service Commission organizes UPSC IES/ESE Examination every year to fill up the vacant post of engineers in government department. Aspirants who willing to get recruited under well known organization and are also fulfilling IES/ESE Eligibility Criteria, they must apply to appear in IES examination. Interested candidates are advised to go through the details of eligibility norms in all respects such as required education, age and more by scrolling down the page.This Page Includes:
- ESE Required Education
- Nationality of candidate
- ESE Age Criteria
- Age Relaxation
- Medical Examination
There are various examinations that are held by UPSC for the recruitment of candidates in different department under the commission, this examination is mainly conducted to choose only the deserving and eligible candidates for the available post. So the contenders who wish to apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination (ESE) 2018, it is necessary for them to meet with the IES Eligibility Criteria. In this concern we have provided detailed information regarding IES Eligibility Criteria 2018, applicants may go through the entire page thoroughly to grab significant information.
IES Eligibility Criteria
IES Educational Qualification:
Applicants who wants to apply for Indian engineering service examination, needs to fulfill all eligibility criteria as specified below-
One have obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institute established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or
Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) or
Candidates should possess a degree or diploma in Engineering from foreign University/ College /Institution but recognized by the Government or
One have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
Aspirant should have passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
Also, one has passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959 or
Contenders applying for Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ must possess either above mentioned qualification or below given or
M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as mandatory subjects or
Also See: How To Prepare For IES
- To get recruited for the post of IES officer candidates must attain nationality in accordance to requirements, according to which a candidates should be a citizen of India, or A subject of Nepal/Bhutan, OR
- A refugee of Tibet who came to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the motive to settle down in India permanently or a person from Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention to settle in India permanently, OR
- In case if certificate of eligibility is essential will be admitted only after necessary eligibility certificate will be issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Note: Candidate belonging to categories other than Indian citizens they must attain residence certificate in their favor issued by the Indian Government.
Check On: IES Syllabus
IES Age Criteria:
- IES age limitation set by the concerned authority, and the candidates who are meeting the specific age requirement only they can apply to appear in UPSC Indian Engineering Services Examination. Candidates can the below given detailed age requirement for the post of Indian Engineering Services Officers:
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 21 years and the maximum age of the aspirant should be 30 years. Calculation of age will be considered from 1st January of present year.
- Aspirant should not have born earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later by 1st January, 1997.
- The maximum age will be 35 years for those who are serving in government Department/Office.
Find Out: Best Books For IES Preparation
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given age relaxation of 5 years and those who belong to OBC category they will provide 3 years of age relaxation.
- Aspirants who are domicile of state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989 they will be given age relaxation of 5 years and the candidates who are defence service personnel disabled in operations they will
- In the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers /ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August,) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service they will be given age relaxation of 3 years.
- in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended for more five years also in that case in which Ministry of Defense issues a crtificate that they can apply for any other civil employment they will be given 5 years age relaxation.
- Candidates who are blind, deaf-mute and orthographically handicapped persons they will be given 10 years of age relaxation.
About Medical Exam:
Those candidates who will successfully declared qualified in Engineering Services Examination will further have to attend the interview, than the candidates shortlisted in Interview will have to appear for medical examination. Medical examination is mandatory for the aspirants as this is held to check the fitness of the candidates for the job. However the examination will be conducted by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) at various Railway Hospitals to check that applicants are healthy and fit. Candidates can acquire more information about the medical examination by going through the official notification.
Candidates who want to attain detailed information about IES Eligibility Criteria 2017–2018 may visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission. And if you have any query related to this post then you may ask us by typing it in the below given comment box.
Candidates can bookmark this page by using ctrl+d key to check the latest updates made on this page as per the UPSC notification. You may also follow us on Facebook, Google plus or Twitter to get related information directly on your timeline.
Have A Look On This