RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test: Aptitude Test Syllabus - Pattern, Instructions, FAQ
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test: As we know that RRB NTPC Recruitment process is ongoing. After successfully completion of RRB NTPC Pre and Mains Exam, now the Railway Recruitment Board is going to conduct RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test and Aptitude Test. Applicants are informed that the Aptitude Test and Typing Skill Test will be conducted Assistant Station Master (ASM) (Cat No.7), Traffic Assistant (Cat No.8) and Jr. Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist and Sr. Clerk-cum-Typist Category No. 5 & 6 respectively. Only those aspirants can appear in these tests who had qualified in RRB NTPC Second Stage Exam. Thus, if you are one of those candidates who are going to appear in RRB NTPC 03rd Stage Exam then you can collect complete details such as RRB NTPC Aptitude Test & Typing Skill Test Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Instructions and FAQ’s from this single page.
Railway Recruitment Board has issued the latest notification concerning RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test and Aptitude Test. As per the latest RRB NTPC Notice, the board is going to organize Railway NTPC Typing Skill Test and Aptitude Test on scheduled dates. Appliers who want to gather additional details regarding RRB Non-Technical Typing Skill Test can go through this web page which is well created by the team of www.privatejobshub.in.
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Syllabus
Aspirants who are going to appear in Railway Recruitment Board NTPC Typing Skill Test are informed that they have to type this test in the language as opted while submitting the online application form. The typing speed of aspirants should be 300 words or 1500 strokes in order to attain a minimum speed of 30 Words Per Minute in English Typewriting. Similarly, a candidate appearing in Hindi Typewriting should type minimum 250 words or 1250 strokes in order to attain a speed of 25 Words Per Minute.
RRB NTPC Aptitude Test Syllabus
In Railway NTPC Aptitude Test, aspirants have to go through the several test batteries as given below. Have a glance!!
- Intelligence Test
- Selective Attention Test
- Spatial Scanning Test
- Personality Test
Get Here: RRB NTPC Syllabus
In this test, each problem consists of five figures, four of which are similar in a certain way. It is required to find out the one which is different from other four.
Selective Attention Test:
This test will be organized to check how rapidly, aspirants can compare two numbers and decide whether or not they are the same. In this test, your task is to add odd numbers, for example, 1, 3, 5, etc., and indicate which of the five options shows the correct sum. While counting even numbers are to be ignored.
Spatial Scanning Test:
In Aptitude Test, this test will comprise to verify how speedily and accurately aspirants can see objects in order to match them. You have to find out a shortest possible route between any two stations (represented by alphabets) in the shortest possible time in a given map.
- Dark lines indicate streets.
- The circles are barriers, which cannot be crossed.
- Squares containing numbers represent houses.
Check Out: Railway Exam Pattern
A number of the house passed by while finding the shortest route will be your answer.
In personality test, you have to answers according to your interest and views. Based on your answers two different dimensions of your personality would be evaluated and two separate scores would be generated. It is mandatory for applicants to qualify on both the dimensions of personality for being suitable in this test.
RRB NTPC 03rd Stage Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear in RRB NTPC 03rd Stage Exam they can avail latest NTPC Exam Pattern here and start their preparation accordingly. Applicants are informed that the RRB NTPC 03rd Stage Exam contains Aptitude Test and Typing Skill Test. As per the latest information, updates exam pattern as given below. Have a look!!
Railway Recruitment Board is going to organize Aptitude Test only for Assistant Station Master (ASM) (Cat No.7) and Traffic Assistant (Cat No.8).
- This time, the board will be conducted this test in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and comprise of several test batteries.
- The duration of Aptitude Test is 84 minutes.
- If you want to qualify this stage then you have to clear all stages individually.
- The weightage of 2nd stage CBT marks and Aptitude Test marks will be 70:30.
Check Here: Railway Selection Process
Typing/ Skill Test:
Aspirants who had applied for RRB NTPC Recruitment for Jr. Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist and Sr. Clerk-cum-Typist Category No. 5 & 6 now they have to go through the Typing Skill Test.
- Aspirants are informed that typing test is qualifying in nature therefore in the final merit list the marks of this test will not be added.
- Contenders who are going to appear in Typing Skill Test have to type in the language opted for Typing Skill Test while submitting the online application form.
- While the typing skill test, Spell check facility & other editing tools (if any) would be disabled on the system.
- To qualify this test, you should have 300 words at the minimum speed of 30 w.p.m. in English or 250 words at 25 w.p.m. in Hindi on computer.
- Kruti Dev & Mangal font shall be made available for candidates appearing for Typing RRB NTPC Skill Test in Hindi.
- Only 10 minutes will be provided to applicants for Typing Skill Test.
Instructions for Railway Typing Skill Test:
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is going to conduct final stage for Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) Graduate Recruitment. The 3rd Stage contains Typing Test or Skill Test. This test is to evaluate the typing skills of the candidates. However, The Typing Skill Test is qualifying in nature thus the marks of it will not be considered. For the ease of aspirants, we are providing some important instructions regarding RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test. Have a look!!
- Typing Skill Test will be conducted through online Computer Based Test on Personal Computer which will provide by RRBs with disabling editing tools and spell check facility.
- Key board layout will be Remington for both Hindi and English Typing Test. Font will be Kruti Dev for Hindi and Times New Roman for English.
- Only 10 minutes will be provided for skill test.
- Applicants are required to type minimum 300 words or 1500 strokes in order to attain a minimum speed of 30 Words Per Minute in English Typewriting. Similarly, a candidate appearing in Hindi Typewriting should type minimum 250 words or 1250 strokes in order to attain a speed of 25 Words Per Minute. The transcripts of those candidates who do not type 300 words/1500 strokes in English or 250 words/1250 strokes in Hindi in the prescribed time limit will not be evaluated. The standard measure adopted in counting words typed is @ 5 strokes per word.
- The font for Hindi Typing in Computer will be TT Mangal ( Devnagari ), with Unicode character set setting in regional languages.
- Spacing errors, punctuation errors, Paragraphic errors, wrong capitalization, crowing, piling/over typing errors, transposition errors, syllabification errors and faulty operations will be treated as mistakes.
Start Now: Online Practice Test for Railway
Evaluation of Typed Passage:
The evaluation of the passage typed by the candidate will be done as follows:-
(a) A mistake will be classified as full mistake and half mistake. (5% mistakes of the total words typed will be ignored)
Accordingly, the total number of mistakes will be calculated as:
No. of full mistakes + No. of half mistakes / 2
(b) The typing speed of the candidate will be worked out by the following formula:-
As per formula:
No. of total words typed - (No of mistakes x 10) / Time
#. Here we are putting an example for Typing Test of 10 Minute where 5% mistakes of total words typed are ignored.
Total strokes typed= 1600
Words typed = 1600/5= 320 (one word is equal to 5 strokes)
Total mistakes= 19
Ignorable mistakes= 5% of 320 = 16
Net mistakes for evaluation= 19-16 = 3
Net Words Typed after Mistakes deducted= 320 - (3x10) = 290
As per formula: No. of total words typed– (No. of net mistakes x 10)/ Time of test
Typing Speed per minute = 290/10 = 29
Disabled Keys at the Time of Skill Test:
In typing skill test, editing tools will be disabled in the computer. Keys will be disabled:
- Escape Key
- All function Keys (F1 to F12)
- Caps Lock
- Windows Key (Left & Right)
- Ctrl Key (Left + Right)
- Page Up
- Page Down
- Num Pad keys(1, 2, 3,4, 7,8,9,0,/,*,-,+, Enter,.)
Check Out: Latest Current News & Affairs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) for RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test/ Aptitude Test:
FAQ’s for RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test:
Question 1: What will be the mode of Typing Skill Test?
Answer: The Typing Skill Test will be conducted only on Computer to be provided by RRB’s. In these computers editing tools and spell check facility would be disabled. Aspirants who are going to appear in Typing Skill Test in Hindi, KrutiDev & Mangal font shall be made available.
Question 2: What is the minimum speed requirement to qualify Typing Skill Test?
Answer: The minimum speed requirement in Typing Skill Test is 30 WPM in English or 25 WPM in Hindi.
Question 3: How the merit will be drawn for the post of Jr. Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist and Sr. Clerk-cum-Typist?
Answer: As we know that Typing Skill Test is qualifying in nature (i.e. marks obtained in Typing Skill Test shall not be added for making merit). Thus, the merit of those candidates who had applied for these posts will be made only for the candidates who qualified in the Typing Skill Test, on the basis of their performance in 2nd stage CBT.
Question 4: Whether Paragraph for Typing Skill Test will be shown in computer only?
Answer: Yes. Hard copy of the Paragraph for Typing Skill Test will not be given.
Question 5: Whether a candidate will be given a chance to rehearse themselves before actual Typing Skill Test in the Exam Hall?
Get Here: RRB Exam Syllabus
FAQ’s for RRB NTPC Aptitude Test:
Questions 1: What will be the mode of Aptitude Test?
Answers: Railway Recruitment Board is going to conduct Aptitude Test through Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
Question 2: Whether original Medical Certificate by Eye Specialist is compulsory to appear in Aptitude Test?
Answer: Yes, to appear in Aptitude Test Medical Certificate certifying the requisite vision on proper proforma duly signed and stamped by Eye Specialist is compulsory as per Annexure – IX of CEN No. 03/2015. A colour photo should also be pasted on the space provided in the Medical Certificate and to be attested by Eye Specialist.
Question 3: How many times of the vacancies, candidates will be shortlisted for Aptitude Test?
Answer: Aptitude Test shall be conducted for which candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for the post of Category No. 7 & 8 (ASM & Traffic Assistant).
Question 4: What documents the candidate is required to bring for appearing in the Aptitude Test?
Answer: (i) E-Call letter for the Aptitude Test, (ii) a recent passport size colour photograph (to be pasted on RRB counter foil of E-Call letter), (iii) original Medical Certificate on prescribed proforma to be issued by Eye Specialist with his signature and stamp along with pasting of a recent passport size colour photograph of the candidate on specified place and attested by Eye Specialist, (iv) original valid photo Identification Card.
Question 5: Whether second chance may be given to the candidates who remained absent in Aptitude Test?
Check Out: RRB NTPC 3rd Stage Exam Date
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Schedule:
Post & Category
Typing Skill Test
Jr. Accounts Assistant–cum-Typist, Senior Clerk-cum-Typist
(Cat. No 5 & 6)
Assistant Station Master (Cat. No. 7)
For the ease of aspirants, on this web page we are provided complete details concerning RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test. Candidates who are want to attain more upcoming details regarding RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test can bookmark this web page by pressing ctrl+d.
Have a Look On Below Links