Header Ads

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019 Qualification, Age Limit, Attempts for Quota Seats

Edit

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019

Candidates who are planning to participate in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019 must check the change in NEET Eligibility Criteria. As per latest reports, NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019 is prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Students can check the change in Qualification, Age Limit, and Attempts for Quota Seats etc from here.

As per two most significant changes made by NTA in NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019, NEET is going be conducted twice a year via online mode. Also, NTA is going to locate centers at district or sub-district levels so that hands-on training can be given to rural students and they can appear for the online NEET test with confidence.

Check latest change in NEET Eligibility Criteria from here!!

Name of the organization
Central Board of Secondary Education
Name of the exam
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
Purpose of exam
Admission in MBBS/BDS courses
Official website
www.cbseneet.nic.in

NEET Eligibility Criteria:

NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018: Candidates those who are willing to attend the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test are supposed to check the NEET Eligibility Criteria first. An aspirant can attend the exam only if he matches the required qualification and age criteria. The complete eligibility criteria include the qualification, age limitation, no. of attempts and qualifying marks. The age limitation is slightly differentiated for general and reserved (SC/ST/OBC) category.

The candidates who want to take admission in MBBS/ BDS programmes at best medical colleges must crack the NEET exam. On the basis of final merit list aspirants will get an entry in the medical programmes. Almost every reputed University/ institute accepts the contender marks in NEET exam. For further details about the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018 are available below by the team of www.privatejobshub.in

NEET Eligibility Criteria

Qualification Criteria:
  • Individuals must have done higher senior secondary studies from any recognized board.
  • Candidates should passed with minimum 50% marks for un-reserved category, 40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC categories, 45% marks for Gen PH category and 40% marks for reserved PH category.
  • It is necessary for all the aspirants to have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English in their intermediate school.
  • Those contenders who are in the 12th standard can also apply.
Get Here: NEET UG/PG 2018 Application Form

Nationality:
  • Aspirants must be the citizen of India.
  • NRIs (Non Resident Indians), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin), OCIs (Oversees Citizen of India) and Foreign Nationals can also apply.
Age Criteria:

Candidate can check the age criterion for participating in the NEET 2019 exam. The applicant must be 17 years old and maximum age limit is 25 years. The candidate belonging to OBC/ ST/ SC candidate gets 5 years age relaxation on maximum age limit.

Category
Age
Unreserved Category (UR)
Born on or between 7th May 1994 and 1st January 2003
SC/ST/OBC Category/PWD
Born on or between 7th May 1989 and 1st January 2003

Check Here:
No. of Attempts:

According to latest reports, the candidates belonging to general category can attempt maximum of 9 times and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category can have 14 attempts.Aadhar card is not compulsory to apply for NEET 2019.

Seat Reservation:

85% seats of MBBS/ BDS courses will be filled through state counseling and the remaining 15% seats shall be filled with AICC (All India centralized counseling). Those aspirants who belong to Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana state are eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. They can attend the NEET 2018 Exam for the admission in AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) Pune.

Category
Percentage of seats reserved
General
47.5%
OBC-NC
27%
SC
15%
ST
7.5%
Physically handicapped
3%


Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats

As per NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019, all the participating states have to fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS through state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. Check the eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states from below:
  • Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
  • Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
  • Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
Get Here More - Recommended NEET PG Books

Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats

Nationality:
As per NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019, Aspirant must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs & Foreign Nationals.

For J & K State:
  • Under15% All India Quota seats, Candidates who belong to J&K are not eligible to apply. These states were not part of the NEET's AIQ scheme. They are eligible for 15% AIQ seats only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.
  • J & K Candidates can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Gain Knowledge on: Career Options After 12th

For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:
  • From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats. Hence, its candidates do not have to submit the self-declaration form anymore.
  • Eligibility for Seats Under The Control Of States/ Deemed Universities/Central Universities /Seats Of Esic & Afmc Including BHU & AMU/Central Pool Quota:
  • Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India. Foreign nationals can confirm their NEET eligibility 2019 from the concerned Medical/Dental College/State.
Must Read: What Should You Think Before Get Admission in College?

Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies:

There are many other institutes/universities that are participating in the NEET 2019; some of them include Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Hamdard University, and University of Delhi. The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India.

The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.


NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test):

It is a national level exam which is organized by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). The main reason behind conducting this exam is to fill 54,000 medical seats across the nation. NEET is considered as the only entrance test which is to be undertaken to fill All India Quota Seats and State Level Quota Seats too. Candidates who successfully crack this exam will get admission in any Medical College/ Institute.

Official Note:

Candidates can get more information about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019 from this Official Link. Stay tuned with us or follows us on social media to get latest updates on entrance examinations. If you have any query about latest NEET Eligibility criteria 2019, then you may write it in the given below comment box. Candidates, if you find the above information useful then you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl.+D.

Check More Related Links

No comments

Don't Add Comment with Spam Purpose

Powered by Blogger.