IPU BCA Syllabus 2018 Download (1st - 6th Semester) Detailed BCA Syllabus
IPU BCA Syllabus
IPU BCA Syllabus 2018: Students who are studying in Indraprastha University under BCA Course and looking for IPU BCA Syllabus, so from this page, applicants can download the Detailed BCA Syllabus. Contenders can get the BCA GGSIPU New Syllabus for 1st - 6th Semester Subject Wise from here and start preparation accordingly.
Highlights of This Page:
- BCA IPU Syllabus for Ist Semester
- IPU BCA 2018 Syllabus for 2nd Semester
- IPU BCA Syllabus PDF
- Way to Download the IPU BCA Exam Syllabus 2018
IPU is also known as GGSIPU and formerly Indraprastha University and it is a public, professional University situated in Delhi, India and it was established in 1998. To download the Syllabus BCA IPU, candidates must follow the below mentioned instructions provided by team of www.privatejobshub.in.
Download Here: Topic Wise IPU CET BCA Syllabus
IPU BCA Syllabus
IPU BCA Ist Semester Syllabus
Paper: Mathematics – I:
Determinants: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Definition, Minors, Cofactors, Properties of Determinants, Matrices: Definition, Types of Matrices, Addition, Subtraction
- Scalar Multiplication and Multiplication of Matrices, Adjoint, Inverse, Cramers Rule, Rank of Matrix Dependence of Vectors, Eigen – Vectors of a Matrix, Caley-Hamilton Theorem
Limits & Continuity: BCA Syllabus IP University
- Limit at a Point, Properties of Limit, Computation of Limits of Various Types of Functions, Continuity at a Point, Continuity Over an Interval
- Intermediate Value Theorem, Type of Discontinuities.
Read Now: How to Prepare for Maths Exam
Differentiation: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Derivative, Derivatives of Sum, Differences, Product & quotients, Chain Rule, Derivatives of Composite Functions, Logarithmic Differentiation
- Rolle’s Theorem, Mean Value Theorem, Expansion of Functions (Maclaurin’s & Taylor’s), Indeterminate Forms, L’ Hospitals Rule
- Maxima & Minima, Asymptote, Successive Differentiation & Liebnitz Theorem.
Integration: IPU BCA Syllabus 2018
- Integral as Limit of Sum, Riemann Sum, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, Indefinite Integrals, Methods of Integration Substitution
- By Parts, Partial Fractions, Integration of Algebraic and transcedental Functions, Reduction Formulae for Trigonometric Functions, Gamma and Beta Functions.
Go Through it: Math Questions and Answers
Concepts and Fundamentals:
- Introduction to Technical Communication, meaning of communication, Importance of communication, Communication scope, types
- Process of communication, Communication models and theories, Essentials of good communication
- The seven Cs of communication, Factors responsible for growing importance of communication, Channels of communication
- Verbal and Non-Verbal communication, Formal and Informal communication, Barriers of, and aids to communication
Check Here: How Students Can Manage Their Study Timing
- Objectives of written communication, Media of written communication, Merits and demerits of written communication
- Planning and preparing of effective business messages. Persuasive writing etc
- Principles of effective oral communication, Media of oral communication, Advantages of oral communication
- Disadvantages of oral communication, Styles of oral communication.
- Soft Skills: BCA Syllabus IPU
- Non Verbal communication- kinesics & Proxemics, parlanguage, interpersonal skills, Corporate communication skills
- Business Etiquettes Language Skills: Improving command in English, improving vocabulary, choice of words, Common problems with verbs, adjectives
- adverbs, pronouns, tenses, conjunctions, punctuations, prefix, suffix, idiomatic use of prepositions.
Read Here: How To Make A Study Plan For Exam
Introduction to Programming Language using C
C Basics: IPU BCA Syllabus
- C character set, Identifiers and keywords, Data types, constants, variables and arrays, declarations
- Expressions statements, symbolic constants, compound statements, arithmetic operators, unary operators, relational and logical operators
- Assignment operators, conditional operators, bit operators
C Functions: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Functions: declaration, definition & scope, recursion, call by value, call by reference. Storage Classes: automatic, external (global), static & registers. Arrays: Arrays, pointers, array & pointer relationship
- Pointer arithmetic, dynamic memory allocation, pointer to arrays, array of pointers, pointers to functions, array of pointers to functions
- Preprocessor directives: #include, #define, macro’s with arguments, the operators # and ##, conditional compilations
Do You Know? How To Study At The Last Minute For Exams
Structures: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Structures, unions, passing structure to functions
- Bit fields, file handling [text (ASCII), binary
- Functions and other standard library functions from stdio.h
- Stdlib.h, conio.h, ctype.h, math.h, string.h, process
Introduction to Computers and IT
Introduction to Computers:
- The evolution of computers: Computer Generation from First Generation to Fifth Generation. Classifications of Computers: Micro
- Mini, Mainframe and super computers, Distributed Computer System, Parallel Computers
Interaction With Computers: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Computer Software: System software, assemblers, compilers, interpreters, linkers Elementary Operating System concepts
- Different types of operating systems, Application Software: Introduction to MS Office (MS-Word, MS Powerpoint, MS-Excel)
Read Here: Computer Exam Questions and Answers
Computer Number System: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Decimal, Binary, Octal, Hexa-decimal.Conversion: Decimal to all other number systems, Binary to octal and hexa decimal, Addition of binary numbers, Binary subtraction, Use of complements to represent negative numbers
- Conversion of a binary fraction to a decimal fraction and decimal to binary fraction, Binary Coded Decimal(BCD), ASCII Codes, EBCDIC codes, Gray codes, Unicodes
Computer Network & Internet: IPU BCA Syllabus
- Basic elements of a communication system, Data transmission modes, Data Transmission speed, Data transmission media
- Digital and Analog Transmission, Network topologies, Network Types (LAN, WAN and MAN), Client and Servers , Intranet, Extranet.
Start Your Test
Law of Motion: IPU BCA Syllabus 2018
- Force and Inertia, Law of inertia or Newton’s first law of motion, Newton’s Second law of motion, Newton’s third law of motion and it’s applications
- Basic forces in nature, Weight of body in lift, Equilibrium of concurrent forces, Lemi’s Theorem Friction
Work, Energy & Power:
- Work, Conservative force, Power, Kinetic Energy, Work energy theorem, Potential Energy, Conservation of gravitational P.E. into K.E., P.E. of spring. Collisions
- Types of collision, elastic collision in 1D & 2D, Inelastic collision in 1D, Perfectly inelastic collision in 1D
Start Your Test
Electricity & Electromagnetism:
- Electric charge, Electron theory of electrification, Frictional electricity, Properties of electric charge, Coulomb’s Law
- Superposition Principle, Electric field intensity, Electric Lines of forces. Electrostatics: Line integral of electric field, Electrostatic potential, State & Proof of Gauss’s theorem
Structure of Atom:
- Thomson’s atomic model, Rutherford’s alpha scattering experiment and atomic model, Postulates of Bohr’s Model.
- Semiconductors: Energy bands in solids, Difference between metals, insulators and semi conductors, Current carriers in semiconductors, Intrinsic semiconductor, Doping, Extrinsic semiconductors
Get Here: 5 Tips To Complete Exam On Time
IPU BCA 2nd Semester Syllabus
- Sets, Subsets, Equal Sets Universal Sets, Finite and Infinite Sets, Operation on Sets, Union, Intersection and Complements of Sets
- Cartesian Product, Cardinality of Set, Simple Applications
- Partial Order Relations And Lattices:
- Partial Order Sets, Representation of POSETS using Hasse diagram, Chains, Maximal and Minimal Point, Glb, lub, Lattices & Algebric Systems
- Principle of Duality, Basic Properties, Sublattices, Distributed & Complemented Lattices
- Types and operations(bipartite graph. Subgraph, distance of a graph, cut-edges & cut vertices, isomorphic and homomorphic graphs)
- Degree of graphs, adjacent and incidence matrices, path circuit(Floyd’s and Warshall algorithms), hamiltonian graph, graph colouring
Do You Know? Shortcuts To Prepare For Exam Quickly
- Proposition, First order logic, Basic logical operation, truth tables, tautologies, contradictions, Algebra of Proposition
- Logical implications, logical equivalence, predicates, Universal and existential quantifiers
Principles of Management:
- Meaning & concept, Management principles (Fayol & Taylor), Management process (in brief), Managerial levels
- Roles & skills of a manager, Management Theories (Classical, Neo classical, Behavioral, Systems & Contingency)
- Meaning, Purpose & process, Decision making: Concept & process, Organizing: Process, Departmentation
- Authority & Responsibility relationships, Decentralization. Staffing: Nature & Importance
- Concept, nature & importance of staffing. Directing
- Motivation: concept & theories (Maslow’s, Herzberg Two factor, McGregor’s theory X & Y) , Leadership: Concepts & styles.
- Meaning, Need of understanding human behavior in organization, Models of OB, Major concepts in OB (elementary)
- Personality, Learning, Perception & Attitude Building.
Read Now: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
- NOT, AND, OR, Universal gates- NAND , NOR. EX-OR and EX-NOR gates. Diode and Transistor as a switch Logic FamilieS
- RTL, DTL, TTL, ECL, CMOS – (Main features only - without details of circuit connections and working). Definition of- current and voltage parameters, noise margin, Fanin, Fan-out
Review of various Number Systems:
- (Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal), Definition of BCD , Gray codes and Excess – 3 codes and their application (without design of code convertors) Parity generation and Checking
- Adder, Subtractor, Parallel binary adder/Subtractor, binary multiplier and dibvider
- S-R, D, J-K, T, Clocked Flip-flop, Race around condition, Master slave Flip-Flop, Realisation of one flip-flop using other flip-flop
- Serial-in-serial-out, serial-in-parallel-out, parallel-in-serial-out and parallel-in-parallel-out, Bi-directional shift register
- Ripple counter, Synchronous Counter, Modulo Counters, Ring Counter, Twisted Ring
Data Structures Using C
Introduction to Data Structures:
- Basic Terminology, Elementary Data Organizations, Classification of data structures and its operations.
- Arrays: Representation of single and multidimensional arrays (up to three dimensions) ; sparse arrays
- Stacks and Queues: Introduction and primitive operations on stack; Stack application: Polish Notations
- Introduction to linked lists; Sequential and linked lists, operations such as traversal, insertion, deletion, searching, Two way lists and Use of headers Trees
- Introduction and terminology; Traversal of binary trees; Recursive algorithms for tree operations such as traversal, insertion and deletion;
- Insertion sort, selection sort and merge sort.
- Searching Techniques: linear search, binary search and hashing. (Complexities NOT to be discussed for sorting and searching)
Database Management System
- An overview of database management system, database system Vs file system, Characteristics of database approach
- DBMS architecture , data models, schema and instances, data independence
Introduction to SQL:
- Overview, Characteristics of SQL. Advantage of SQL, SQL data types and literals
- Types of SQL commands: DDL, DML, DCL. Basic SQL Queries
Want help in Preparation? Get Tips: Practice Which Helps In Preparation
Relational Data Model: IPU Syllabus BCA
- Relational model terminology domains, Attributes, Tuples, Relations, characteristics of relations, relational constraints domain constraints, key constraints and constraints on null, relational DB schema.
- Relational algebra: Basic operations selection and projection
- Join operations: Inner, Outer, Left outer, Right outer and full outer join.
- ER to relational Mapping: Data base design using ER to relational language
Transaction processing and Concurrency Control:
- Definition of Transaction, Desirable ACID properties, overview of serializability, serializable and non serializable transactions Concurrency Control:
- Definition of concurrency, lost update, dirty read and incorrect summary problems due to concurrency Concurrency Control Techniques: Overview of Locking,2PL
- Timstamp ordering, multiversioning, validation Elementary concepts of Database security: system failure, Backup and Recovery Techniques, authorization and authentication.
Hit Here to Get: Detailed IPU BCA Syllabus PDF
Way to Download IPU BCA Exam Syllabus:
- To download the IPU BCA Syllabus 2018, candidates first visit the official siet of University that is ipu.ac.in
- On the home page follow “Academics” section and hit the “Syllabus” link
- Then on next page, you need to hit the “Syllabus Archive” link.
- A new page will be opened in front of you, then hit on “Bachelor of Computer Applications PDF” link
- Now IPU BCA Exam Syllabus will be displayed on your computer screen.
- Download the IPU BCA Exam Syllabus as per semester and start preparation accordingly.
Go Through Related Links:
To download the IPU BCA Syllabus 2018 for Semester 1 to 06th, candidates can hit the above provided Official Link. Contenders can subscribe our free email service to get the latest updates regarding IPU BCA Syllabus.
Follow us on Facebook & Google+ to get the latest updates concerning IPU BCA 2018 Syllabus. Bookmark the web portal that is www.privatejobshub.in by pressing Ctrl+D option for getting upcoming IPU BCA Entrance Syllabus.