LPU NEST Syllabus 2018 Subject Wise Important Topic, Exam Pattern Pdf
LPU NEST Syllabus
LPU NEST Syllabus 2018: To start preparing for National Eligibility and Scholarship Test (LPU NEST 2018), applicants must be well aware with LPU NEST Syllabus. The LPU NEST Exam Syllabus will consist of PCME / PCBE subjects. LPU NEST 2018 Syllabus will allow applicants to know which topics they are needed to study to qualify in NEST 2018 Entrance Exam. Those applicants who are planning to prepare for exam may get the Syllabus of LPU NEST subject wise from this page along with LPU NEST Exam Pattern.
Highlights of This Page:
- Lovely Professional University NEST Syllabus
- LPU NEST Exam Syllabus PDF
- LPU NEST Paper Pattern
- LPU NEST Study Material
- Final Words
LPU NEST Syllabus
LPU NEST Chemistry Syllabus
- Atomic Structure, States of Matter & Thermodynamics
- Solutions, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen & s - Block Element
- Classiﬁcation of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals: Modes of occurrence of elements in nature, minerals, ores; Steps involved in the extraction of metals.
- Hydrogen: Position of hydrogen in periodic table, isotopes, preparation, properties & uses of hydrogen; Physical & Chemical properties of water & Heavy Water
- s- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals) Group - 1 and 2 Elements: General introduction, electronic configuration and general trends in physical and chemical properties of elements, anomalous properties of the first element of each group, diagonal relationships.
- p, d & f block Elements and Environmental Chemistry
- Inner Transition Elements: Lanthanoids - Electronic configuration, oxidation states, chemical reactivity and lanthanoid contraction. Actinoids - Electronic configuration and oxidation states.
- Co-ordination Compounds, Environmental chemistry
- Tropospheric pollutants – Gaseous pollutants
- Stratospheric pollution
- Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry
- Puriﬁcation and characterization of organic compounds
- Quantitative analysis (Basic Principles)
- Nomenclature (Trivial and IUPAC) Covalent bond ﬁssion
- Electronic displacement in a covalent bond
- Oxygen, Nitrogen, Polymers & Bio molecules
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Chemicals in food, Cleansing agents
LPU NEST Physics Syllabus
- Motion, Kinematics, Gravitation & Oscillations
- Kinematics, Gravitation
- Oscillations and waves: Periodic motion - period, frequency, displacement as a function of time. Periodic functions. Simple harmonic motion (S.H.M.) and its equation; phase; Oscillations of a spring - restoring force and force constant; energy in S.H.M.
- Thermal Physics: Properties of solids and liquids: Elastic behaviour, Stress- strain relationship, Hooke’s Law, Young’s modulus, Bulk modulus, modulus of rigidity. Pressure due to a ﬂuid column; Pascal’s law and its applications.
- Thermodynamics: Thermal equilibrium, zeroth law of thermodynamics, concept of temperature. Heat, work and internal energy. First law of thermodynamics. Second law of thermodynamics: reversible and irreversible processes. Carnot engine and its efficiency.
- Electricity & Magnetism: Electrostatics: Electric charges: Conservation of charge, Coulomb’s law-forces between two point charges, forces between multiple charges; superposition principle and continuous charge distribution.
Start Your Test
- Current electricity: Electric current, Drift velocity, Ohm’s law, Electrical resistance, Resistances of different materials, V-I characteristics of Ohmic and nonohmic conductors, Electrical energy and power, Electrical resistivity.
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Atomic Structure & Optics
- Atoms and nuclei: Alpha-particle scattering experiment; Rutherford’s model of atom; Bohr model, energy levels, hydrogen spectrum. Composition and size of nucleus, atomic masses, isotopes, isobars; isotones.
- Dual nature of matter and radiation: Dual nature of radiation. Photoelectric effect, Hertz and Lenard’s observations
- Optics: Reﬂection and refraction of light at plane and spherical surfaces, mirror formula, Total internal reﬂection and its applications, Deviation and Dispersion of light by a prism,
- Wave optics: wavefront and Huygens ’ Principle, Laws of reﬂection and refraction using Huygen’s principle. Interference, Young’s double slit experiment and expression for fringe width. Diffraction due to a single slit, width of central maximum.
- Electrical & Electronics
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents: Electromagnetic induction; Faraday’s law, induced emf and current; Lenz’s Law, Eddy currents.
- Electromagnetic Waves: Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics. Transverse nature of electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic spectrum (radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, X- rays, gamma rays). Applications of e.m. waves.
- Electronic Devices: Semiconductors; semiconductor diode: I-V characteristics in forward and reverse bias; diode as a rectifier; I-V characteristics of LED, photodiode, solar cell and Zener diode; Zener diode as a voltage regulator.
LPU NEST Mathematics Syllabus
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Sequences and series
- Matrices, Vectors & Reasoning
- Matrices & Determinants
- Vector algebra
- Mathematical reasoning
- Permutation-Combinations & Binomial Theorem
- Limit, Integration & Differentiation
- Three Dimensional Geometry: Coordinates of a point in space, distance between two points, section formula, direction ratios and direction cosines, angle between two intersecting lines. Skew lines, the shortest distance between them and its equation.
- Probability & Trigonometry
LPU NEST Biology Syllabus
- Diversity & Structural Organisation
- Five kingdom Classification
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Digestion and absorption: Alimentary canal and digestive glands; Role of digestive enzymes and gastrointestinal hormones; Peristalsis, digestion, absorption and assimilation of proteins
- Breathing and Respiration: Respiratory organs in animals; Respiratory system in humans; Mechanism of breathing and its regulation in humans
- Body ﬂuids and circulation: Composition of blood, blood groups, coagulation of blood; Composition of lymph and its function; Human circulatory system-Structure of human heart and blood vessels
- Excretory products and their elimination: Modes of excretion- Ammonotelism, ureotelism, uricotelism; Human excretory system-structure and function
- Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution
- Reproduction in organisms: Reproduction, a characteristic feature of all organisms for continuation of species; Modes of reproduction – Asexual and sexual
- Sexual reproduction in ﬂowering plants: Flower structure; Development of male and female gametophytes; Pollination- types, agencies and examples
- Human Reproduction: Male and female reproductive systems; Microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary; Gametogenesis- spermatogenesis & oogenesis
- Biology, Biotechnology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and environment
- Organisms and environment
- Biodiversity and its conservation
- Environmental issues
START: Biology Online Test
LPU NEST English Syllabus
- Parts of speech – Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb, Verb, Preposition, Conjunction Interjection; Tenses – Present
- Past and Future Tense in Active and Passive Form; Modal Verbs – Can, Could, May, might, Should, Will, Would.
- Associative Language Skills:
- Vocabulary – Antonyms, Synonyms, One word substitution, Word Analogies, Idioms and Phrases; Common Errors – Sentence Correction and Error Finding Exercises
- Comprehension Passages – Closed and Open paragraphs, Collocation, identifying key ideas or theme.
LPU NEST Syllabus PDF>> Download Here
LPU NEST Exam Pattern
- LPU NEST Question Paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language.
- The duration of exam is of 150 minutes (two hours and 30 minutes).
- There will be total 110 questions.
- No negative marking for incorrect answers or unanswered questions.
No. of Questions
Marks per Question
Maximum Marks per subject
Read Now: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
LPU NEST Reference Books
- NCERT Physics 11th and 12th class
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma Vol-1 and Vol-2
- Understanding Physics of ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM by DC Pandey
- Concepts of Modern Physics (SIE) by Arthur, Shobhit Mahajan, and S. Rai Choudhury
- NCERT Chemistry 11th and 12th class
- Arihant Problem Collection Objective for IIT JEE.
- New Pattern Textbook of Physical Chemistry for Competitions (JEE Main & Advanced) Vol-1 and Vol-2.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee.
- Numerical Chemistry 22/E by P Bahadur.
- Organic Chemistry by Robert Thornton Morrison.
- NCERT Maths 11th and 12th
- I.A. Maron and A Das Gupta (Subjective).
- RD Sharma class 11th and RD Sharma class 12th
- Coordinate Geometry for IIT JEE by SK Goyal
- Vectors & 3D Geometry by Arihant Publications
- IIT Mathematics by ML Khanna
- Problems Plus In IIT Mathematics by A Das Gupta
- A Practice Book of Mathematics JEE Main & Advanced by Arihant Publication
- NCERT Exemplar Problems: Solutions Mathematics