GK Questions 8th January 2018 PJH: Daily GK Quiz for All Upcoming Exams
GK Questions 8th January 2018
PJH team is proving all the latest current affairs about National News, culture, civilization, community, Physical health and recreation, sports, Science, Economy etc on this page. So, candidates can check GK Questions 8th January 2018 based on current affairs given here.
Candidates who are going to attempt any competitive/ entrance exam can get Daily GK Quiz along with GK Updates for All Upcoming Exams from this page prepared by the dedicated team members of www.privatejobshub.in
Latest GK Current Affairs:
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to India's stand at WTO
- The Union Cabinet gave its ex-post facto approval to the stand taken by India at the MC11 of the WTO.
- It was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in December 2017.
- The MC11 took place from December 10 to 13 in 2017.
- It was chaired by Minister Susana Malcorra of Argentina.
Read Out: National Current Affairs
Cabinet approves Indo-Myanmar agreement on land border crossing
- The Union Cabinet recently approved the MoU between India and Myanmar on Land Border Crossing.
- The agreement will regulate free movement rights for the people living in the border areas of both the countries.
- It will boost the economy of the North East.
- It will safeguard the traditional rights of the tribal communities living in border areas.
- Amazon patents mirror that lets users try clothes virtually
- Amazon has patented a mirror that let the consumer try on clothes virtually.
- Consumer can do it by placing themselves into a virtual location.
- The patent describes the mirror as partially-reflective and partially-transmissive.
- It uses displays, cameras, and projectors to create the blended image.
- Amazon acquired Body Labs last year.
- Body Labs is an AI-software and computer vision company.
- Amazon has made its place in the fashion industry.
- Cabinet nod to pact signed with US for co-hosting GES 2017
- The Union Cabinet gave its ex-post facto approval for a pact signed between India and the US.
- This pact is for co-hosting the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2017 in India.
- The GES-2017 was held in Hyderabad.
- It was held from 28 November 28 2017.
- It was attended by delegates from 150 countries.
Want To Read? International Current Affairs
- Ancient Aztec Map of Universe Found on Mexican Volcano
- The remains of an ancient stone sanctuary was found In mexico.
- It is situated in the middle of a pond, on the side of a volcano.
- The sanctuary is at a height of 13,000 feet below the Iztaccihuatl volcano.
- The National Institute referred to the sanctuary as a iztacalco.
- Chinese globes sold in Canada depict J&K out of India
- It was the third reported instance since December where chinese globe has shown Kashmir separate from India.
- These globes were manufactured in China and sold at mainstream Canadian outlets.
- Before this there was another retailer selling globe, made in China, that removed both J&K and Arunachal Pradesh from India.
- Power prices go negative in Germany due to overproduction
- Electricity prices dipped below zero on Christmas in Germany.
- It means people are being essentially paid to use electricity.
- This is because Germany's wind and solar plants are very efficient at generating power.
- But they can’t still match the power demand.
- The negative pricing compensates the consumers' subsequent electricity billing.
Get Here: GK Current Affairs
- SC directs BCCI to allow Bihar to take part in Ranji Trophy
- Bihar state cricket team will be playing in Ranji and other national level cricket tournaments in 2018.
- It will happen after a gap of 17 years.
- This is directed by the supreme court of India on 4th January 2018.
- The state team had been participating in Ranji trophy from 1935 to 2000
Get More: Sports Current Affairs
- Govt to launch new savings bonds with 7.75% interest
- The government of India announced the launch of new savings bonds.
- It will bear an interest of 7.75% and mature in seven years.
- Eligible investors can buy 7.75% Savings Bonds from 10 January.
- The minimum issuance amount for these bonds is Rs1,000.
- The interest of 7.75% per annum will be paid semi-annually.
- Interest on these bonds will be taxable under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- SRL becomes 1st Indian diagnostic firm to hit ₹1k cr revenue
- SRL Diagnostics (SRL) announced that the company become first Indian diagnostics company to surpass Rs. 10 billion in revenue in 2017.
- SRL Diagnostics was established in 1995.
- Today SRL has a reach of 15 million patients annually.
- It exists in 600 cities across 30 states in India.
GK Questions 8th January 2018
Question 1: Which city to host the 2018 Karnataka International Travel Expo (KITE)?
Bengaluru will host the first edition of Karnataka International Travel Expo’ (KITE) at the Bangalore International Exhibition Center (BIEC) from February 28, 2018. The expo is being touted as the largest B2B travel event in India, which is providing a platform for over 400 registered buyers and media representatives from over 25 countries. The event would provide impetus to inbound travel and tourism and enhance the marketing efforts of Karnataka Tourism to promote destinations in the State.
Question 2: Which of the following countries has formally joined as the new non-permanent members of UNSC?
On 3rd January 2018, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has welcomed six new non-permanent members — Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kuwait, the Netherlands, Peru, and Poland. The six new countries, voted on by the 193-member General assembly for two-year terms, will have a strong voice in matters dealing with international peace and security during their time on the U.N.’s most powerful body.
Check out Month wise: Pratiyogita Darpan
Question 3: Endangered ‘bird language’ has entered the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage. It is belong to which country?
Turkey’s endangered ‘bird language’ has entered the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage. It is an unusual and very efficient whistle language used as a means of communication by villagers in remote northern Turkey. UNESCO has accepted the “bird language” of Black Sea villagers as an endangered part of world heritage in need of urgent protection.
Question 4: The Rajasthan Government has tied up with which bank to promote and nurture startups in the state?
2. HDFC Bank
3. ICICI Bank
Recently, the Rajasthan Government and HDFC Bank have signed MoU to promote and nurture startups in the state. As per pact, HDFC Bank will team up with the state government to provide end-to-end solutions including current accounts, credit cards and more under its SmartUp programme. HDFC Bank will also assist startups in showcasing their offerings to the general public.
Check This Also: Latest Online Quiz
Question 5: NABARD has signed pact with which bank to promote Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in Bengal?
1. Punjab National Bank
2. Bank of India
3. State Bank of India
4. Dena Bank
The State Bank of India (SBI) and NABARD have signed an agreement with 5 NGOs in Bengal for the promotion of 2,500 Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in select districts of the State on January 2, 2018. JLGs are informal groups of 4-10 members engaged in similar economic activities and willing to jointly undertake the responsibility to repay loans taken by the group from a bank.
Question 6: The 2018 Mylapore festival has started in which state?
3. Andhra Pradesh
4. Tamil Nadu
The 16th edition of the Sundaram Finance Mylapore Festival (SFMF-2018) has started at Sri Kapaleeswarar Temple and Nageswara Rao Park in Chennai, Tamil Nadu from January 4. The 4 day fest will include about 40 events, such as heritage walks, competitions and cultural performances. It has been organized by city based non banking finance company Sundaram Finance.
Read this Article: The Secrets" - Toppers Don't Share With Anyone
Question 7: Who has taken charge as the new chief of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)?
1. R R Bhatnagar
2. Rina Mitra
4. Om Prajapati
Abhay, the 1986-batch police officer of Odisha cadre, has taken charge as the new chief of the of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) at the NCB headquarters in Delhi on January 2, 2018. He will hold the post the post till 18th of November 2019. Prior to this appointment, he was Additional DG (Training) in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
Question 8: Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Real Estate Appellate Tribunal (REAT) for Tamil Nadu and the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
1. Indira Banerjee
2. V Rajamani
3. N Swaminathan
4. B Rajendran
B Rajendran, the former Madras High Court judge, has been appointed as the Chairman of the Real Estate Appellate Tribunal (REAT) for Tamil Nadu and the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The monthly salary of the chairperson would be Rs 80,000.
Question 9: The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) has signed MoU with which Payments Bank to provide training on payment banking?
1. Paytm Payments Bank
2. Airtel Payments Bank
3. India Post Payments Bank
4. Fino Payments Bank
The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) to offer relevant training to the employees on issues pertaining payment banking. Under the agreement, IICA has been entrusted with the key responsibility of capacity building of IPPB through training of its officials/employees besides providing research support by instituting Research Chairs in the emerging area of payment banking.
Current Highlights: Political Current Affairs
Question 10: The Khadakwasla Dam is located in which state?
The Khadakwasla Dam is 1.6 km long and has been built on the Mutha River, 20 km from Pune in Maharashtra. This dam across the river Mutha created an attractive lake “Khadakwasla Lake”, which is the main source of water for Pune and its suburbs.
Question 11: Which union minister will inaugurate the 2018 ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD)?
1. Rajnath Singh
2. Prakash Javadekar
3. Nitin Gadkari
4. Sushma Swaraj
Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, will inaugurate the 2018 ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) in Singapore on January 6. The theme of the 2-day PBD Convention is “Ancient Route, New Journey: Diaspora in the Dynamic India-ASEAN Partnership”. The PBD is celebrated every year to strengthen the engagement of the overseas Indian community with the Government, reconnect them with their roots and celebrate their achievements and contributions.
Read Now: Weekly Employment News
Question 12: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated PCA against Allahabad Bank over its high bad loans. What does “PCA” stands for?
1. Prompt Control Action
2. Principal Complaints Action
3. Principal Component Action
4. Prompt Corrective Action
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) against public sector lender Allahabad Bank, owing to its high net Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) and negative Return on Assets (RoA) for two consecutive years. The RBI in April 2017 had issued a new set of enabling provisions under the revised PCA framework with a clause that if the bank does not show improvement then it could be either be merged or taken over by other bank.
Question 13: Who has been appointed as the Editor of the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW)?
1. Gopal Guru
2. Paranjoy Guha Thakurta
3. Geetanjali Das
4. Priyank Kumar
Political scientist Gopal Guru has been appointed as the Editor of the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) by the Sameeksha Trust for a period of five years. Urrently, Professor Guru teaches Political Science at the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi. Earlier, he taught at the University of Delhi and the University of Pune.
Do You Know? Shortcuts To Prepare For Exam Quickly
Question 14: Which union ministry has launched India’s first digital online oncology tutorial series?
1. Ministry of Human Resource Development
2. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3. Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Preeti Sudan, the secretary of Union Health and Family Welfare ministry, has launched India’s first digital online oncology tutorial series in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Centre on January 4, 2018. The purpose of the tutorial series is to educate doctors in early detection, prevention, palliation, rehabilitation and treatment of various forms of cancers. This is part of a national programme that will be rolled out across the country by Tata Memorial Centre in collaboration with state governments.
Question 15: Which state to host the 3rd edition of the Science Film Festival of India (SCI-FFI 2018)?
3. Tamil Nadu
4. Jammu & Kashmir
The 3rd edition of the Science Film Festival of India (SCI-FFI) will be held in Goa from January 16-19, 2018. The festival titled “SCI-FFI Goa” is being organized by the state-based Vidnyan Parishad, Goa Department of Science and Technology. The purpose of the fest is to promote science filmmaking culture in Goa. The Science Film Making Competition is an attractive part of the SCI-FFI festival. The competition is in two categories of films up to 5 minutes duration and over 5 minutes.
Question 16: Which state to host the 39th National Games in 2022?
Meghalaya has signed the Host City Contract with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for hosting the 39th National Games in 2022 on January 3, 2018. The tripartite contract was signed between the IOA, the Meghalaya State Olympic Association, and the state government. With this, Meghalaya will host the National Games 2022 coinciding with the 50th year of the creation of the state.
Also Read Here: Samanya Gyan Darpan
Question 17: The Border Security Force (BSF) has launched which operation on Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) International Border to curb infiltration?
1. Operation Border
2. Operation Control
3. Operation Alert
4. Operation Star
The Border Security Force (BSF) has launched Operation Alert along the over 200 km long International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) to curb the increasing movement of infiltrating terrorists from across the border.
Get More Links:
Question 18: Vasant Shankar Davkhare, who passed away recently, was the noted politician of which party?
1. Communist Party of India
2. Indian National Congress
3. Nationalist Congress Party
4. Bharatiya Janata Party
Vasant Shankar Davkhare (67), the senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and former Deputy Chairman of the Maharashtra Legislative Council (MLC), has passed away in Mumbai on January 4, 2018. He was known for his loyalty to NCP chief Sharad Pawar and was also known for having cordial relations across party lines; especially with Shiv Sena founder late Bal Thackeray.
Question 19: Which city is hosting the Conference on Transformation of Aspirational Districts?
1. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the Conference on Transformation of Aspirational Districts at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi on January 5, 2018. During the conference, which is being organized by NITI Aayog, the Prime Minister will interact with officials in-charge of transformation of over 100 backward districts.
Question 20: The Basava Sagar Dam is located in which state?
4. Tamil Nadu
The Basava Sagar Dam has been built across the Krishna River at Siddapur Village in Bijapur district of Karnataka. The reservoir that it impounds is known as Basava Sagar, and has a total storage capacity of 37.965 tmcft with 30.5 tmcft live storage. The full reservoir level is 492.25 m MSL and the minimum draw down level is 481.6 m MSL. The dam is 29 meters high and over 10 kilometres long and has 30 gates for water release.
Check Now: List of Important days
Candidates can check GK Questions 8th January 2018 which is given above. For any query, comment in below given comment box. We will try to solve your query as soon as possible.
Get Here GK January Question and Answers Links: