How to Prepare for IAS Prelims 2018-19 UPSC IAS Study Guide For 60 Days, Tips
How to Prepare for IAS Prelims
There are many students who must be preparing for the IAS Exam, to crack the IAS Exams candidates need to study systematically. Here we are providing the How to Prepare for IAS Prelims examination on this page.
UPSC IAS Examination is divided in to two levels i.e prelims and mains. But First of all candidates need to clear pre exam, they can get the complete Study Guide for 60 Days, and other preparation Tips from here.
How To Prepare For IAS Prelims Without Coaching:
If you are thinking that you can’t prepare for the IAS Pre exam without coaching then you are wrong, because it is possible to crack the IAS exam within 02 months. You just need to plan your strategies and then execute it.
You can get the complete guide of how to prepare for IAS prelims 2018-19 from this page, which is created by team of www.privatejobshub.in.
How to Prepare for IAS Prelims
Indian Administrative Examination covers the 400 marks and pre exam is divided in two papers. If you don’t have enough time to prepare well for the IAS Pre exam then you must pay attention on the given preparation tips here.
How To Prepare For IAS Within 60 Days:
(i) General Ability Test (GAT)
- Candidate’s need to start with General Ability Test (GAT) which is consists of 200 marks. Preliminary exam is of objective in nature which is conducted with the purpose of check the basic knowledge of applicants.
- Individuals have 7 day to study General Ability Test. One can take help of preparation books for GAT which is ‘A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning’ written by R.S. Aggarwal or ‘High School English Grammar’ by Wren & Martin.
(ii) English Language and Aptitude
- The second paper is of English Language and Aptitude. To get scoring marks in this portion, applicants must clear all basic concepts and give proper time to each section.
- Once can study with the help of ‘Raymond Murphy or Martin Hewings, Word Power Made Easy’ by Norman Lewis, ‘Wren and Martin High School Grammar’ etc books.
How To Prepare Geography For IAS
- Geography is divided into two parts – Indian Geography and World Geography
It has been seen that Indian Geography is given more weightage in the Preliminary Examination. The following are the broad topics that you MUST cover before the exam.
- Physiography of India
- River Systems of India
- Mineral Wealth of India
- Soil & Soil Types in India
- Wildlife & Conservation
- Human Geography
(iv) World Geography:
The following are the broad topics that you MUST cover before the exam:
- The Earth & the Universe
- Land forms and their formation
- Wind System
- Clouds & Precipitation
- Different Types of Climate & Climatic Regions of the World
How To Prepare History For IAS
While preparing for the subject of History, aspirants should prefer only good book where you can get all the details related to the subjects. You don’t need to study form so many books that can dangerous for you. The syllabus for history can be divided in 3 parts.
- Ancient Indian History,
- Medieval Indian History
- Modern Indian History.
In the fifth week of the month you should read the Ancient Indian History completely. You can take help from the IAS Exam Sample Papers.
So if one has to prioritize the topics for Indian History, Modern India (especially the Struggle for Independence) & Art & Culture should be given preference vis-a-vis Medieval Indian History & Ancient Indian History.
Read Out Success Stories: IAS Success Stories
How To Prepare Current Affairs For IAS
While you prepare yourself for the preliminary exam, never lose track of current events. UPSC asks questions from various sections relating them to current affairs. Always follow the business & economy section of a leading daily for economics current affairs. The Hindu, Indian Express & Business Standard are the most reliable resources. Pick any one of these and follow it religiously.
At the last week you should take revision of all the topics and subjects. And take proper sleep before the exams and must collect all the necessary documents before going for the IAS examination.
Know monthly pay scale: IAS Officer Salary
How To Prepare For IAS While Working?
- With less time in your hands, time management is crucial to your preparations.
- Set a schedule as per your liking and stick to it
- Find people who are in your situation or in your organization and socialize with them to utilize that time for discussions.
- Look for notes and study material that are short and effective. But some topics you will have to do in depth studies.
- Listen to the short news and do not waste time in listening to unnecessary discussion based news unless the topic demands it.
- Use memory techniques that speed up your learning.
- Frequently practice giving tests and writing answers. That will work as revision and practice.
How Much Time Is Required To Prepare For IAS
If you want to know how much time is required for the preparation for the IAS Examination then you can’t get the perfect answer. Because it’s up to that you how much time you are giving for your studies. You can prepare for the IAS examination after 12th, we have given in below section How to prepare for IAS exam after 12th.
However, there have been candidates who would have done it in 6 months. And unfortunately for many, even 6 years have proved insufficient. For it’s up to you how you are preparing for this exam. You need to work hard with smart. We have given how to prepare for IAS prelims within 02 months, if you follow the strategies then you can also crack the exam with good marks.
Check below Links
How To Prepare For IAS Exam After 12th?
Starting early is great advantage as you can build your general awareness and really excel in the GS paper and interview as you will tune yourself to analysis and awareness. Also when the time comes you will not waste it on finding out about the exam and loosing precious time.
- Find out everything about the exam
- Choose your Bachelor's degree in such a manner that you may benefit for the IAS exam. If you need a fall back option by doing a B.Tech. Don't worry. You can still start preparing and getting to know the social subject you wish to take for your IAS exam.
- Follow the news regularly
- Give your opinion and discuss the news daily
- Start giving IQ tests and getting to know about logical reasoning
- Take up online test series for regular practice
- Subscribe to a magazine and read articles with understanding
How To Prepare For IAS Exam Without Coaching?
There are many students who are not able to join any coaching to crack the IAS examination. It is little difficult but not impossible because at the end, your self-studies will help you to crack the exams.
- Only it requires discipline and determination. You may actually end up saving more time and resources and putting it back into your preparations. A to-do list for self study
- Manage your time effectively and be disciplined. Develop a routine!
- Do selective reading but be thorough in those portions
- Remember to have a good IAS Prelims Exam Books and self-made notes
- Take mock tests at regular intervals
- Start preparation early, it’s a vast syllabus!
- Make short notes and mind maps on a regular basis! They help your memory.
- Reach out to fellow aspirants. Discuss topics!
- Most importantly believe that you can do it without coaching!
How To Prepare For IAS Exam At Home
To prepare for the IAS Examination at home is not a difficult task, we have provided how to prepare for IAS at home on this page, please have a look..!!
Before knowing the How to Prepare for IAS you should know how to start preparation at home. You should prepare your mind and set your goals and given proper time to all the subjects. Get the IAS Syllabus for the pre exam and gather other study material.
Must Know About Exam Dates:
You must be aware about the IAS exam dates only then you can complete you studies within available time. Candidates should check the IAS exam calendar to know the details about the exams.
Make a Time Table:
Before starting the preparation of the IAS officer exam, candidates can prepare their time table. You can go through the how to prepare for IAS exam PDF and you can get the PDF file easily through the online.
You should read newspapers on daily basis to know the latest updates about the current affairs. You can also download the various news app on the mobile phone with the help of App you can get all the updates on time.
You should make short notes if you are wondering how to prepare notes for IAS then you can search it online and you will get perfect answer. You can make your notes in Hindi or can check the IAS Books in English as well as your preference.
We have given all the tips how to prepare for IAS 2018-19 through this page, for more updates about the how to prepare for IAS prelims in 2 months then you can bookmark this page by pressing ctrl+D.
More Links Related To IAS